Petition for maxell to reintroduce reel to reel tape!

There is still alot of ud 35 out there that has never been opened. In the last year I have been picking up a reel here and there for my 4 tracks. Its nice tape

I always thought Maxell should have taken advantage of the killer prices their new old stock reel to reel tapes goes for on eBay by reintroducing their UD line. Yeah, I'll sign that petition and I hope Maxell is smart enough to realize the profits it can still make on those tapes. It's crazy how much in demand those things are right now and have been for years. Just look at ended prices for sealed and used product. I bet they go for more now than Maxell's original MSRP.

Good stuff. :)

Guys, please sign the petition. We can use all the help we can get. :D It can be argued that Maxell UD-35 (and its variants) has the best balance of sound, reliability and longevity of any 1/4" tape out-there. It just lasts and lasts.... I would probably trust my final mixes which I can store on this tape than any others.

I think you'll have no trouble at all getting those signatures.
I love those old Maxell tape machines.
We did some great live recordings with the band using those machines back in the 80's.
I added my name.

YouTube - Upon The Sea

Last edited:
Ok so I signed on but my name is not showing up!

They must know something I do not!!!

Steve, they must know who we are!

Maybe they don't like East coast folks

I believe the moderator is putting them up on a daily basis and not on a running tally. Again thanks everyone who's signed and spread the word too!

Yup, it doesn't show up immediately but it does show up! There's a blurb in there saying to allow up to 48 hours. Mine showed up sooner than that. The mod's def going through them one by one for obvious reasons. ;)

I was just doing some quick calculating, of how a typical person would go through tapes and even if there's a few hundred customers, over a lifetime, it will keep MAXELL pretty busy, not to mention fat 'n happy. :)

Back