Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Otari mtr 15.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Otari mtr 15.

    Sign in to disable this ad
    My otari mtr 15' rewind, forward or play functions aren't working. What is it about? Nabs or another settings?
    Thanks for your answers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    898008
    Quote Originally Posted by aert View Post
    My otari mtr 15' rewind, forward or play functions aren't working. What is it about? Nabs or another settings?
    Thanks for your answers.
    Have you tried lifting the tension arm to the right hand side? Can you see the capstain spinning? Or at least hear the motor running?

    Also; what tape are you using? When did it last work? It can be sticky shed syndrome, especially if it's Ampex 456 or certain kinds of Scotch.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmJetGuitar View Post
    Have you tried lifting the tension arm to the right hand side? Can you see the capstain spinning? Or at least hear the motor running?

    Also; what tape are you using? When did it last work? It can be sticky shed syndrome, especially if it's Ampex 456 or certain kinds of Scotch.
    Thank you for your fast answer Warmjetguitar i had no time for to check the answer. I hear the motors sound, spinning a few cm for a half second and stopping. what do i have to do for to work it properly, thank you very much for your answer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aert View Post
    Thank you for your fast answer Warmjetguitar i had no time for to check the answer. I hear the motors sound, spinning a few cm for a half second and stopping. what do i have to do for to work it properly, thank you very much for your answer.
    What do i have to do for sticky shed syndrome? If you answer me I' ll be happy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    981
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts
    Rep Power
    2652385
    Why would you record music on a device designed to do word processing?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Trending
    Posts
    18,740
    Thanks
    303
    Thanked 874 Times in 763 Posts
    Rep Power
    21470743
    Spambot.......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Otari MTR-15 Manual
    By jimkjr in forum Analog Recording & Mixing - Tape & Gear
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2016, 06:17
  2. 2 Otari MTR-10 Questions
    By dodgeaspen in forum Analog Recording & Mixing - Tape & Gear
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 11:15
  3. Otari MTR-10 help needed...
    By Randy Warren in forum Analog Recording & Mixing - Tape & Gear
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 14:18
  4. Otari MTR-10 Question
    By dodgeaspen in forum Analog Recording & Mixing - Tape & Gear
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 16:32
  5. Otari Mtr 10ii-c
    By DigitalDon in forum Analog Recording & Mixing - Tape & Gear
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 08:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •