This one cracked me up!

He even used the word, "WOW!" in his title to make it irresistible to English speaking buyers. He’s got everything there except animal shapes made from balloons to entice us Americans. I predict a high final value. :D

I've seen his listings before. I think he's into some pretty tricked out Revox & Studer accessories. I was gonna get some adapters from him but could never clarify if his item included everything pictured or just the aluminum.

I stil want some like those...

looks like fun and yep - creative...
I don't see how it is the way to sell thouh and things like - "Professional Alu- for , etc. Wow!!" - all are waste of item's title characters ...if you care to sell something on e-bay, unless you are selling following items:
"Professional"
"Alu-"
"for"
","
"etc."
"Wow!!"
:p

speaking of "WOW" - it has to be the most searched and most wanted and thus - the best selling item on e-bay ;)
and speaking of WOW - you have to be careful with the word when selling a tape recorder or accessories, because if you say: "WOW! - Studer!" it may be interpreted as: "Pitch variation resulting from speed variation during recording or reproducing process! - Studer!" :confused: :p :confused:

Hopefully the analog Gods will forgive me for using my first post here this way, but couldn't resist:

NO, No, no! "Wow" isn't "the most searched and most wanted and thus - the best selling item on e-bay," "Rare" is! Like the "rare" Revox 10" Spool, or the "rare" ReVox 10.5" NAB alloy (alloy?) take-up reels. Of which there must be almost a dozen available on eBay at any given time.

Back to the topic: Aside from the fact that the aluminum grips for the Revox adapters look pretty good on the B77 and PR99, I've always wondered if there was some operational or, forgive me, "real" reason to use them. It seems like the plain old Revox adapters I use on my A77 work just fine and are easy enough to use. Besides, on the A77, they just look better plain than with the aluminun grip, so I think anyway.

btw, based on what I've seen on e-bay in the area of reel-to-reel recorderders I could conclude, that Reels are the ITEM of interest there while the actual recorder/deck is an accessory for them.
Can E-Bay be described as "A Window to observe Alloy of Lunacy, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in action" ? :D

Back