Old audio catalog, just for fun

gerard

Hope you guys don't mind posting this but just found a old audio catalog with prices and just to have some fun, wanted to post this picture of a Soundcraft 24 track 2" tape machine with the price. Soundcraft/consoles, yes, Soundcraft/24 track? The top machine list's for $21,250 the second one, $11,999. This catalog ifs full "vintage" gear before it was...uh..vintage? It has some cool Tascam deck's (35-2B for $1,990 for example). Anybody want more?

Jerry

Attachments

• Soundcraft 24.jpg
    Soundcraft 24.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 82
Man, I love those things! Yeah, more please but can you make it a tad larger? The print is a bit small.

I actually would love to have that second 1" 8 track recorder. WOW!!:D

Will try again tomorrow, sorry 'bout the small print. Still tring to get the hang of pictures. Just found another old catalog from Shure, they made some real nice ribbon mics!

Jerry

I wish I had kept some of the old lit that I had over the years. I remember the Soundcraft multi-track machines quite well. They weren't common by any means, but they did get a few of them out there. The ones that I recall had very strange deck plates. It's almost like they were covered in a fine felt, which, of course wore off almost immediately, creating quite an ugly deck plate. Pentagon, the duplicator shown, was quite popular in that market. They were quite common for church applications. They, along with Telex, had the vast majority of the in shell duplicator market at the time. Telex, a fine Minnesota company, has certainly changed over the years. They made a series of broadcast reel to reels at one time. They have always made broadcast headphones, and eventually started producing wireless mic and intercom systems. They now own Klark Teknik, Midas, ElectroVoice, Blue Microphones, and many other brands. The only problem is that a couple of years ago Telex was acquired by Bosch. :(

I love reading old catalogs and adverts. It's fun to think about how much I would have had to spend back then to build my current setup... my 34b cost $500 used in 2008, but it cost something like $2,000 when it was still being sold retail, right? :)

Or, as I like to say to my friends, "I have a setup that would be drool-worthy in 1987!"

my 34b cost $500 used in 2008, but it cost something like $2,000 when it was still being sold retail, right? :)

I was fortunate enough to be privy to some info on the 34B cost when it was still available new, as late as a few years ago and it retailed for around $4000 Canadian + tax [that was like $3000 or so in USD].:eek: Yeah, 500 ain't bad.:D;)

For cjacek, take 2

Hope this is better.....it's 63.5kb and the max is 64. Man that was close!

Jerry

Attachments

• Soundcraft 24.jpg
    Soundcraft 24.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 64
Jerry, don't worry. It'll have to do. Maybe, next time, scan 1/2 or 1/3rd of a page to get it maxed out that way, so that a whole page consists of 2 or 3 attachments - more page per byte that way. ;) Just my 2c. Thanks.:)

More, # 1

Shoot, added 40% more to the scan but it didn't make much differance. Prices as follows:

Harmonizer H910 $1,500
Harmonizer H949 $3,500
Orban De-Ess $469 (1 chan) and $719 (3 chan)
Keypex II $380 ea.
Lexicon 224 $7,500 & 224X $12,000 (yikes!)
Micmix XL305 $1,650

Jerry

Attachments

• Outboard 1.jpg
    Outboard 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 59
More #2

I'll mess aroud some more this weekend but in the mean time...

Micmix XL 121 $495
Micmix XL210B $890
Orban 111B $849
Orban 424A $899 (had one, not my cup of tea)
DBX 160X $420
DBX 165 $650
Dyna-Mite $545

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Outboard 2.jpg
    Outboard 2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 58
Just for S & G's....

Think I want to use this as my avatar (when I can). No to hijack my own thread but when/how can I do this? Also, what's the green bar for? Last scan for tonight.

Jerry

Attachments

• Shure 1.jpg
    Shure 1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 58
Think I want to use this as my avatar (when I can). No to hijack my own thread but when/how can I do this? Also, what's the green bar for? Last scan for tonight.

Jerry

Jerry, click on "User CP" above on your left. You have all the options listed on the left hand column, including the avatar thing. Notice, that on the right, is people who have given you "reputation" points. ;) That green bar is an indication of that. When you post more, the number increases. It more or less tells you who's legit around here. :)

Hey, I can add REEL sound to my tapes!

That sould be my signiture. The mic has a "built in" EQ. Going through the catalog and they don't list the SM 57 as a well.....uh....SM 57. "Back then", I guess they called it a Model 545 Unidyne. The date on the catalog is 1979

Jerry

Attachments

• Mic1mod.jpg
    Mic1mod.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 28
Back