Thread: Not the wrong forum: A/D

Thanks

Not the wrong forum: A/D

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi folks,

I'm looking for a good, affordable two-channel firewire or usb interface. I'm getting tired of telling my friends, "Well, you can hear my music if you come by my house someday"

My needs are simple. It would be nice if it can handle the -10db signal from my M-30 without needing to get a separate line amplifier.

I trust the people here more than I do in the other forums, so I thought I'd post this here!

Thanks!
    Jeffrey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lo.fi.love View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm looking for a good, affordable two-channel firewire or usb interface. I'm getting tired of telling my friends, "Well, you can hear my music if you come by my house someday"

My needs are simple. It would be nice if it can handle the -10db signal from my M-30 without needing to get a separate line amplifier.

I trust the people here more than I do in the other forums, so I thought I'd post this here!

Thanks!
    Jeffrey
    I guess you're an Analog Addict then??? Here's a list of USB interfaces that can get your analog stuff into your computer. Probably the cheapest one that would work well for you is the Lexicon Alpha, then it goes up from there.

http://www.sweetwater.com/c695--USB_...faces/low2high

You can also look at Wavelab Essential for mastering your songs into a CD or converting to mp3's. If you're doing just 2 channels and want to burn Audio CD's, this is a good one to get. Soundforge is another option around the same price range and Audacity is a free download.

Thanks
    if you want a cheap, easy, sounds fine interface this is the one

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx

I have used these to record from live front of house mixes, to get samples into the computer etc, and the quality is much better then inbuilt computer sound cards. It plugs in and works with any recording software via the computers standard windows / mac, mixer / volume controls.

I carry one around during location recording as a back up recording device when we get a temperamental, software sound card issue.

It only records line level, it does not have a mic input.

Cheers

Alan.

Thread Information