new tape on ebay Australia now

TinNedd

Just noticed that there is new RMGI tape in ebay here in Australia now. I wonder if that is a sign of something changed?

Iv got more tape than I need, never got around to the new stuff whithout shelf live?:D Maybe I should get a few anyway, its a lot easier to order that way.

Maybe some new machines might be in order too, easy to manufacture.:D A nice real-to-real teamed up whith a valve amp could be something very special for someone's home. I suppose there are so much novelty things about that people just get sick to death of it anyway. There is certaintly plenty of room to make some new machines?

Otari still making the MX5050 MK IV.

About tape, after Quantegy decided to quit the production of open reel tape, RMGI just picked up the line of Emtec, like Emtec did with Agfa and Basf in the past.

But there's also another brand producing open reel tape nowadays: ATR.

Definetly not in my budget ;)

But the good part of the "vintage" decks, is that they are affordable for most of us.

On the RMGI, make sure it is from an authorized dealer. Double-check with RMGI. There has been, in the past, a grey market on RMGI tape that was not good stuff. RMGI had to tighten up the distribution because reject tape was hitting the market under the RMGI name through unauthorized dealers.

Aye, there are only three legitimate resellers of RMGI in Australia and they are listed on the RMGI Australia web site, one in Sydney, one in Brisbane and one in Melbourne. I buy my 1/4" for my Revox off the Sydney one. The have it in stock. I don't use eBay.

Back