New machine I bought - Telefunken M15

igorw111

Hello,

Recently I bought a Telefunken M15 a with varispeed and autolocator function, so I would like to see if there are some other happy users of this machine on the forum. The machine has 1300 hours, everything works perfect and sounds really great :) It's a 1" 8 track (but can be upgarded to 16 channels).

Attachments

• tel1.jpg
    tel1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 287
  • 8Spur in Betrieb.jpg
    8Spur in Betrieb.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 8Spur front.jpg
    8Spur front.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 279
  • meine M15A 16Spur Schublade.jpg
    meine M15A 16Spur Schublade.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 282
Wow, congrats! There's a good chance you get quality from the same brand that made Neumann mics. How does it sound?

I found a M15 in a 32-track version while googling the machine. Was those actually put in production or just prototypes?
Always wondered how come 32-track on 2" never became common as the track width is reasonable?

Wow, congrats! There's a good chance you get quality from the same brand that made Neumann mics. How does it sound?

I found a M15 in a 32-track version while googling the machine. Was those actually put in production or just prototypes?
Always wondered how come 32-track on 2" never became common as the track width is reasonable?

Hi, thanks, it sounds really great, but I still didn't have a proper time to hear what it can do :)
32 track was one of their regular options - there were 1" 8 track machines and 2" 16, 24 and 32 track versions.

Hello,

Recently I bought a Telefunken M15 a with varispeed and autolocator function, so I would like to see if there are some other happy users of this machine on the forum. The machine has 1300 hours, everything works perfect and sounds really great :) It's a 1" 8 track (but can be upgarded to 16 channels).

WOW WOW WOW this is a BEAUTY!! Man if you dont mind can you tell how much you had to pay for it??

I'm curious now... what's the control system on this machine? Is it TTL or microprocessor-controlled?

Yes it is. Is it something bad in Your opinion? What do You think about the heads (if You can see them properly in the picture)?

The microprocessor transports are usually more flexible and easier on the tape. But you have problems if they go wrong.

I can't really see the heads clearly enough to tell how good they are, unfortunately. They don't look too bad from what I can make out.

Thanks for answer. I got some spare recording, playback and trasnport cards with th emachine, but I hope I won't have any issues with them (but You never know). As for the heads, it's really hard for me to tell because I don't have much experience, but as I see the wearing is pretty uniform and there are no signs of head gap on any of 8 tracks (both playback and recording head) and to my ear the machine has a really nice top end.

Back