New Heads? Problem?

Oh yeah i did email him and told him sorry for the hassle and all. But then i found myself in the predicament that if I emailed him right away and said everything looked great or perfect whats happens if I notice something? Its not that Im trying to look for any little thing to bitch about but I just dont want to limit my options...what if I do see something that I missed? But I did tell him I was much happier.
One thing I noticed was that the grain that you can see in the metal of the heads appeared to go the other direction compared to the first head I got. The first head if you look at the pics the grain (and it might have come from the head being sanded or relapped) ran in the same direction the tape would have...the 2nd head the grain is running up and down or not with the tape direction. You can see when i get the pics up tomorrow. I still need to get my camera battery back...
Also does anyone know what the indutance numbers mean or the DCR? I got the document from JRF where it appears to measure the head at each track and give you a number for both categories. I did notice that the numbers for this head are definatly different from the other head...

Also does anyone know what the indutance numbers mean or the DCR? I got the document from JRF where it appears to measure the head at each track and give you a number for both categories. I did notice that the numbers for this head are definatly different from the other head...

As the head wears, the loss of metal reduces the inductance of the winding. They can use that inductance figure as an estimate of the life left in the head by comparing it with the inductance of that particular type of head when new and unworn.
I think this is discussed somewhere on the JRF website.

Back