Neve 5422 Suitcase Mixer

mikoo69

How much do these consoles sell for on average?

Neve 5422 Suitcase Mixer 8x2 (recapped and modified w/ direct outs)

also, wondering how much to value a Trident FlexiMix console w/ 10 inputs modules, one submaster module, one aux module and one master module (also recapped/serviced)

Wow! 10 years later and still a relevant question. I picked up a Trident console in 2018. It was a pull from one of the last holdout recording studios in LA. I remember seeing it start on craigslist at $5000. Which sounds incredibly fair, but nobody touched it. Basically it sat in their storage until they couldnt afford the storage unit anymore. Then they put it up for next to nothing and l paid a moving company to get it into my storage unit. In LA you cant afford anything rent wise. I bought an Alesis HD24 to go with it, but now l have going into 4 years of storage invested in that thing. In 2008 all of the recording studios in LA started going under. I watched pretty much every single Neve console gutted and sold off on craigslist in as many pieces as a Neve console could be taken down to. Any big console that wasnt a Neve basically went in a dumpster. I have concluded l will Never use my Trident console. And because it is so Big and Heavy it is at the far back wall of our storage unit. Buried. I am fixing to buy a Tascam Model 24 and SD-20 mastering deck. So what should l ask for my Trident? I have yet to watch a single Neve console sell in its entirety. And that is another problem, after moving to a 3rd storage unit, as they raise the price every 4 to 6 months, l am not sure l have the power supply for it anymore. Then the cables, l bought all those but after 14 years in different storage units, l guarantee there will be problems. Considering that size of a storage unit in LA costs $250+ a month, l am afraid my investment in that console is more than l can ever get for it. And for all the little stuff like the HD-24, its worth so little. And l think l paid $250 for it, it falls in the category of keep or give away. If that Trident console was here in Texas, that would be a different story, but it isnt. And in LA a Trident console is still worth what l paid for it $400. But that is because the people that can afford and have the space for something like that, dont want one.

Attachments

• 00L0L_ktCsssusa0J_600x450.jpg
    00L0L_ktCsssusa0J_600x450.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 12
Back