Need your guys help...

A 16 track one inch or an 8 track half inch?

What do you need and how much money do you want to spend on tape?

Well, I have never heard an Otari, so I don't know. But don't you just love the look? This is no wimpy add desktop tape recorder! :)

So if I had the SPACE and the money, I'd go with the Otari. :D

The Otari is one inch 8 trk and the Tascam is 1/2 inch 8 trk
I guess that should answer my question about quality. Is it easy to get parts for the Otari?

Otari is still in business so, hopefully, parts shouldn't be an issue unless this is a really old machine and the parts it requires are obscure ones.

Check their website and perhaps drop them an e-mail and inquire as to the health of their parts inventory for that particular machine.

Cheers! :)

Aloha said:
The Otari is one inch 8 trk and the Tascam is 1/2 inch 8 trk
I guess that should answer my question about quality. Is it easy to get parts for the Otari?

You should look at that picture again.....there are 16 VU meters. Might wanna double check.

Outlaws, the picture in the link is not of the actual unit. It was just the closest looking picture I could find to post here. The unit that I am thinking of buying is definatly a 8 trk / 1 inch machine. It has the origional heads which are in pretty good condition and have not been relapped, the rest of it is also very clean as well.
Did not get to see it today cause the seller ditched out, but I will get to hear how it sounds this weekend.

Back