Need Tascam 34b parts

lo.fi.love

Functionally obsessed.
Hello hello,

The parts deck that I bought through Craigslist has some surface corrosion (dude lived near the beach) and I need to replace a few things in the transport.

1: Tension arm rollers (just the metal 'drums', everything else is OK)
2: Capstan shaft
3: I don't know what it's called - I call it a "passive roller", but check out this image and look where the arrow is pointing. I need to replace that thing:

34b_roller_arrow.jpg

Does anyone have these parts? Where should I look (other than eBay of course)?

Thanks!

lo.fi...

Sounds like you're wanting to avoid eBay but here is a capstan shaft and flywheel assembly for a pretty resonable price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TASCAM-Model-32-34-38-Capstan-Flywheel-Assembly_W0QQitemZ220345598835QQihZ012QQcategoryZ67814QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I've worked with that Seller before and had no issues...I'd ask for some better pictures first but that's not a bad deal for the whole assembly...

Thought I saw an impedance roller on there too but I can't find it now...

lo.fi

You might even want to just give Tascam a call on any of those parts...they might stock them and you might be surprised at the price...I'm thinking particularly on the tension arm rollers...a simple common use multiple-model item. 323.727.4840 or parts@teac.com...takes 'em a day or two to respond to the email but they'll get back to you.

lo.fi

You might even want to just give Tascam a call on any of those parts...they might stock them and you might be surprised at the price...I'm thinking particularly on the tension arm rollers...a simple common use multiple-model item. 323.727.4840 or parts@teac.com...takes 'em a day or two to respond to the email but they'll get back to you.

I think I'll do that. If I'm lucky, they'll have the capstan shaft, too. Thanks for the contact information - I'll look them up!

Is this some of what you are looking for?

Attachments

• rollers.jpg
    rollers.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 56
Back