Need some Quantegy 632? - here :)

Wow, that's actually an awesome deal on a good tape, a poor man's Maxell dare I say. ;) Thanks for the link. :)

Dan! you need to check out some maxell ud 1/4 inch tape. Its the nuts on a 1/4 inch machine. I have been buying it for my 22 series machines and love it. Its not cheap unopened but its nice to know that its not going to go bad like some of the old Ampex does

Dan! you need to check out some maxell ud 1/4 inch tape. Its the nuts on a 1/4 inch machine. I have been buying it for my 22 series machines and love it. Its not cheap unopened but its nice to know that its not going to go bad like some of the old Ampex does

Hey Gary :)
No doubt. I actually picked up some NOS UD-35 several years ago when the prices were still reasonable, unlike now:eek:. I'm glad I did 'cause it's one of the best (and some would argue the best) tape for 1/4" decks. Absolutely stable formulation and sounds great. I think I have like 10 UD 35-90 and about 6 UD 35-180, all sealed. :) Did you get yours sealed? How many do you have?

I bought two cases of the 14" pancakes from the same seller a while back. I just need to figure out a way to spin it down now. Got a 14" reel from sweetbeats but no deck big enough, and no free time to mcgyver some other method. I also got about 20 reels of UD from a friend of mine who doesn't like 7" reels!

I bought two cases of the 14" pancakes from the same seller a while back. I just need to figure out a way to spin it down now. Got a 14" reel from sweetbeats but no deck big enough, and no free time to mcgyver some other method. I also got about 20 reels of UD from a friend of mine who doesn't like 7" reels!
you can try that "poor dude" method that I did while ago , also I did it for fun :)
and I did wind from 10" to 7" , not from 14" , but the same idea.
Place the reel on that board with cup-hub that is typically in the 10" reel box, place next to the machine and level it with the machine's reel tables, path the tape through the tape path and onto take up reel .
I've made short video, it's easier to show ;)
link: http://www.mzentertainment.com/video/10_inch_to_7_inch.wmv

also it may work or may not work too well ... :spank:

Doh! Guess that explains why there is "Qty 10" instead of "Qty 1" in the cart by default huh? I'll get back to my beer and be quiet. hehe

you can try that "poor dude" method that I did while ago , also I did it for fun :)
and I did wind from 10" to 7" , not from 14" , but the same idea.
Place the reel on that board with cup-hub that is typically in the 10" reel box, place next to the machine and level it with the machine's reel tables, path the tape through the tape path and onto take up reel .
I've made short video, it's easier to show ;)
link: http://www.mzentertainment.com/video/10_inch_to_7_inch.wmv

also it may work or may not work too well ... :spank:

I tried *something* like that with the box hub, and I got tape wound around inside the flange somehow. I'll check it out though. I see you have the supply reel farther up to provide better tension, that was probably my mistake. Thanks!!!

Dan I only have 7 reels of ud 35 7 inch I probly wont be buying any more though. I am quiting my job May 31 and am going to be selling pretty much everything I have. I have a prodject to finish here next month and that will be the end of me in the music world.

Back