my handheld tape recorder fetish

quazack

For some reason, I just love the sound of wicked crappy recordings from a handheld tape recorder. Also, the freedom of being able to record anything from a fire alarm to a cross country team is a plus. Anybody else share my guilty pleasure?

I have a Panasonic SV-250 portable DAT!

It's an industrial field recorder complete with balanced XLR inputs and on-board pads and compression.

The whole thing is the size of a paperback novel but weighs about 6 pounds because of its all steel and die-cast metal construction.

It makes incredibly good recordings!:cool:

But, I don't carry it around with me!:rolleyes:

That would look weird!:confused: :)

Cheers! :)

Too nice!

That would be wicked awesome to have... the possibilities....

Like, recording an entire album, acoustic style, but on-the-go. So you record yourself on the street and then you move into a store and then a car and then a giant field and... YEAH! Don't those go for about 300? I thought I saw a couple on ebay once.

Yama Hama! That's a lot of money.

Ok, in... 6 months, I'm going to get a nice portable DAT recorder. Then I'll come back and tell you what crazy things I did with it :)

hahaha... crappy recordings of handheld tape recorders?

check this out... My current band, Redeye Mind Trick (obviously, the tracks labeled as such) were practicing in the studio, and we didn't feel like micing up through the console, so we had a sony handheld tape recorder...

This oughtta fuel your fetish lmao...

Back