My 1000th Post...

sweetbeats

Reel deep thoughts...
Its gone by so quickly...

I was inspired by Daniel's (cjacek's) 5000th :eek: post to do something more with this milepost than my usual "I broke it/I don't understand it/pleez help meeeee" posts. :p

Shortly after I began posting here, (thanks to the impetus of my above mentioned friend, Daniel), I was inspired to make another attempt at interviewing my Grandfather.

Something would always come up. He's not a boastful man in the least...its hard for him to realize that others might be interested in his part in the history of magnetic tape recording, and so it is difficult to get him to talk about it at first, but once he gets going he enjoys talking about it...I know I enjoy listening, and I thought some of you might as well, and in sharing this that I might bring him some honor.

Here is an article the briefly outlines his contribution...His name is Ralph Oace. The article was authored by a man who is trying to straighten out some of the twisted patent history.

Here is an mp3 of the phone interview...it is about 14~15 minutes long and about 10Mb.

Thanks for the opportunities these past few months to share this common interest through dialogue, discussion, troubleshooting and much, much, much learning.

Congrats Sweetbeats. A thousand posts already? :eek: I got some catching up to do. I'll have to check out your interview too. :cool:

Just checked out the interview and read a good bit of the article (that was a long one, so I read for a while and then skipped down to where your grandfather came in).

Thanks for posting that! It was an interesting and entertaining listen.

Out of curiousity, what was the phone conversation recorded on? heheh

Hey Cory, I sure am glad you took full advantage of your 1000th post and it's a great one, as usual. :) Thanks and looking forward to another 1000++!!:D

--

Back