Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Musicians Wanted!

Thanks

Arrow Musicians Wanted!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Ok, you may not get this question on the board often so bear with me please . I'm looking for someone who would be willing to record a basic 1 instrumental track for me of some of my favorite songs. (I'd of course compensate you either via PayPal or Money Order). I'm pretty much a singer with no skill (yet) at playing any instrument, other than voice . There are a number of songs, that have a full instrumental backing with main vocal, that I'd like to put my voice to. My thought is to have a very simple, unprocessed, one instrument backing of a particular song. I have the chords for these songs (pretty simple) and also the original song example of how the track should move in tempo etc etc ... Now, what is crucial is that the track is recorded to Analog and have natural dynamics. As a minimum, I'd want it recorded on a vintage cassette portastudio like the TASCAM 244, 234 or 246. Minimum. If anyone has a basic Reel to Reel recorder then that's good too! . What's also important is that no compression and no reverb and absolutely no sound is processed. Just basic tracking. There is really no need to "splice" or "punch in" or anything like that. There is no need to do dozens of takes to "get it right". I want it to sound as "natural" as possible in everyway. If you're recording in your bedroom or basement then that's great! Now, my mic of choice for voice is an sm57 so I think you should use an sm57 as well. My idea is to do all of this via the web. I can email you the original song, the chords and you can do your magic. If you agree, then you may send me a very quick 30 sec sample of what I can expect. Then, if I wish to proceed, I'd send you a PayPal payment or whatever to compensate you. We'd discuss the particulars and how much $$ before anything happens. Again, I'm looking for a quick, natural 1 instrument track to put my voice to. Ok, sure, I might also ask you to transpose to a lower key for me but that's pretty much it for "customizing". Oh, and the instruments we're talking about are either a piano or acoustic guitar or electric guitar, depending on the material. But no matter what it is, I'd insist on ONLY REAL instruments and none of that "fake" stuff . Anyway, when you have your money, you'd burn the track to cd, put it in you pc, encode it to 320 bitrate mp3 (for max quality) and either email it to me or put it up so that I may download it. If I like your work, we can work on others. If anyone is interested please email me at:

sivlee@yahoo.com

Thanks for considering,

Daniel

PS: Please note that these tracks would be for my own use ONLY

Thanks
    Any takers yet Dan?

Thanks
    Originally posted by BillyFurnett
    Any takers yet Dan?

Yeah! So many I had to buy extra space at yahoo!!! Naaa .. just kidding with ya! . Honestly, I've had one person reply and we're still talkin' ... Hell, I don't know why more persons didn't respond

Billy ... ya wanna record somethin' for me

Daniel

Thanks
    Dan the way I play your career in music would go backwards! LOL

Seriously, I'm not that good at guitar (OR recording) so unless you wanted a pretty bunk version I'd run from me if I were you.
    Oh yeah...I'd never want to jam like that for money you know?

What kind of songs are they?

Thanks
    Dan the way I play your career in music would go backwards! LOL

Seriously, I'm not that good at guitar (OR recording) so unless you wanted a pretty bunk version I'd run from me if I were you.

What kind of songs are they?

LOL! Naa .. you can't be that bad! . Yeah, so the songs are pretty much Elvis (as in "The King" ) covers of some of his 50's stuff to the 70's. Some are lesser known and some are stuff Elvis "covered" himself like Danny Boy etc ... So some are Elvis and some are different ones like Green Green Grass of Home, Don't, Is it so strange, Old Shep, I believe etc ... Very simple ones I wanna do my own "thang" with .. You know, not copy 100% but do pure acoustic versions of these like with a guitar or pure piano etc ... Damn shame I can't play these instruments, yet, but I'll be working on guitar soon I hope. For now I have a fellow musician, Collin, who I'm in talks with about producing these. I hope somethin' good comes of it ..

Daniel
    Last edited by cjacek; 10-26-2003 at 02:21.

Thanks

Thumbs up

You can't go wrong with The King... His gosple stuff is awesome too! Everything he did rocked!

Hang in there and you'll find someone that REALLY knows his stuff and maybe even is looking to do just such a project.

Cool Deal

Thanks
    You can't go wrong with The King... His gosple stuff is awesome too! Everything he did rocked!

Hang in there and you'll find someone that REALLY knows his stuff and maybe even is looking to do just such a project.

Cool Deal
    HEY! I met an ELVIS FAN!!! Cool!!! Yeah, I greatly like his gospel numbers too but he was good at any style he did. You're right!

Thank you for the kind words my friend,

Daniel

Thanks

Re: Musicians Wanted!

Originally posted by cjacek
    Now, my mic of choice for voice is an sm57 so I think you should use an sm57 as well.
    I don't understand this part at all...!

Thanks

Re: Re: Musicians Wanted!

Originally posted by Blue Bear Sound
    I don't understand this part at all...!
    What I meant and assumed, with perhaps some ignorance as to proper ways of recording, is that if I use an sm57 for voice, that it'd be perhaps important that the piano, guitar or whatever be recorded with an sm57 as well - just like you'd give the whole song the same kind of reverb for it to "belong". Am I nuts ?

Daniel

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Musicians Wanted!

Originally posted by cjacek
    What I meant and assumed, with perhaps some ignorance as to proper ways of recording, is that if I use an sm57 for voice, that it'd be perhaps important that the piano, guitar or whatever be recorded with an sm57 as well - just like you'd give the whole song the same kind of reverb for it to "belong". Am I nuts ?

Daniel
    No - not nuts... but the assumption is wrong. The idea is to use whatever signal chain is most appropriate to properly capture the sound source for the context of the song.

Thread Information