Musicians Wanted!

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Signal chain? Shit, who you talking to bear? Simple vocal and guitar. 57 works fine. If he wanted a pro studio, he woudn't be asking here. Geeesus.:rolleyes:
I thought you had insight.
fitZ

Yeah, me think so too :) . No offence to Mr. Bear but I'm in a different recording philosophy all together BUT at the same time it's all good advice nevertheless :) .

Daniel

Ok Daniel, sounds good. So you have a 34b huh? I've got a 42b. Were on the same wavelength then. Good. I'll record my part to a click track in the cans. That way your meter will be dead on. After I hear your tunes, give me some time to make an arrangement, ok. Like a couple of weeks, cause I'm really short on time. Ok, pm me with the details of how you want to do this. Looking forward to it. One thing. I just moved in so give me a little time to set up a few things. I haven't got my studio together yet.

Btw Daniel, my best friend and I have been doing this exact same thing for over 30 years. In a bedroom. 2 57's or less. Small mixer. Reel to reel or cassette. I wouldn't trade these old tapes for anything. Or the fun weve had. THAT my friend is what home recording is really about. One things for sure., we drank a hell of a lot of beer:D
Oh, just thought of something. My son is living with me. He is one hell of a keyboard player. Maybe I can mix in some piano on a tune or two.
fitZ:)

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Ok Daniel, sounds good. So you have a 34b huh? I've got a 42b. Were on the same wavelength then. Good. I'll record my part to a click track in the cans. That way your meter will be dead on. After I hear your tunes, give me some time to make an arrangement, ok. Like a couple of weeks, cause I'm really short on time. Ok, pm me with the details of how you want to do this. Looking forward to it. One thing. I just moved in so give me a little time to set up a few things. I haven't got my studio together yet.

Btw Daniel, my best friend and I have been doing this exact same thing for over 30 years. In a bedroom. 2 57's or less. Small mixer. Reel to reel or cassette. I wouldn't trade these old tapes for anything. Or the fun weve had. THAT my friend is what home recording is really about. One things for sure., we drank a hell of a lot of beer:D
Oh, just thought of something. My son is living with me. He is one hell of a keyboard player. Maybe I can mix in some piano on a tune or two.

Thanks Rick! :) I'll PM you in the next few days or so. Btw, my NIB 34B is currently en route to me :D . Should be here in a few weeks :(

Thanks again :)

Daniel

RICK FITZPATRICK said:

Hi Rick!

I just sent you a private message. Please check it. Thanks :)

Daniel

This is turning into one hell of an interesting thread... When the project's finished, i'd be interested in hearing it.

And if any bass work is needed, i'd be willing to pitch in. I've got a project studio that's using a completely analog setup minus a few outboard pieces (oldschool TAC board, 1/2" otari reel-to-reel, etc etc) that is at my disposal if i ever need it. But in any case, i'd just like to hear the finished project. Keep us posted.

tf5_bassist said:
This is turning into one hell of an interesting thread... When the project's finished, i'd be interested in hearing it.

And if any bass work is needed, i'd be willing to pitch in. I've got a project studio that's using a completely analog setup minus a few outboard pieces (oldschool TAC board, 1/2" otari reel-to-reel, etc etc) that is at my disposal if i ever need it. But in any case, i'd just like to hear the finished project. Keep us posted.

I definitely will. Thanks friend :) . However, the "project" might prove a bit lengthy in its duration for this is a "collaboration" with at least 2 people involved, busy schedules and life's little "stuffs". Truthfully, I haven't received a lot of interest in my original request BUT to those who had expressed wanting to help, I really appreciate it. (You know who you are). But I am very hopeful and I believe something cool will come of it. I have yet to record one song though :( . One thing's for sure is that when "we" have a track ready and I put my voice to it, I'll post an mp3 link to it, give all the proper credits to my "collaboration" team and we'll have some more to talk about ;) . Again, this might take a little while but I'll definitely keep you posted! :) Thanks for your interest.

Daniel

Back