Me and Mr. Toft

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgeaspen

Lots of things have happened in the last two weeks or so and I wanted to share just a few of them. I have a friend that is trying to pair me up with a guy that has run sound and recorded for acts like ZZ Top, Brooks & Dunn ETC ETC I understand that this guy has a Toft recording console that's analog/digital with other high end gear and might be interested in combining my equipment with his at my friends 1,500 square foot studio. This would be a dream come true for me. He has his own tech that can do all the maintenance on the gear which is a huge plus in itself for me since I have never aligned and calibrated my machines myself. Now I can see it being done step by step so I can do the basics myself in the future. The console is a 24 or 32 channel desk. I hope I'm not putting the cart before the horse here. I have never met the guy and at this point am not sure if he's interested in pairing up or not. For anyone who is interested I'll keep the thread up to date.

That's awesome! I was actually considering taking my deck into a local tech and paying him to do all the servicing and also paying him a little extra to let me watch :) Definitely keep us updated

I use a Toft ATB 32 with a MS-16, Sonar, DA-78's and a Otari mixdown deck. I am very fortunate to have quite a few Universal Audio pieces, nice microphones and some very nice compressors. Fwiw, I keep a Manley Varimu on the mix buss. But nothing I have imparts the sound that I have so long sought better that the ATB. I will keep that mixer the rest of my life. It is a thrill to own.

Danny

I use a Toft ATB 32 with a MS-16, Sonar, DA-78's and a Otari mixdown deck. I am very fortunate to have quite a few Universal Audio pieces, nice microphones and some very nice compressors. Fwiw, I keep a Manley Varimu on the mix buss. But nothing I have imparts the sound that I have so long sought better that the ATB. I will keep that mixer the rest of my life. It is a thrill to own.

Danny

I'm going to get one........one of these days. ;)

All bets are off. The guy that was trying to pair me and the Toft guy up has proven to be unreliable x1,000 I did meet with the Toft guy and had a good conversation with him and I think he was intrigued with the idea but the guy in the middle never kept his word about anything. So for now I am on my own. I wish I could have gotten his number and deal with him directly. Oh well it wasn't meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back