MCI 1" 8 track for trade.

"Problem is you need all the noise reduction associated with analog"

Kind of a lame statement from someone who owns a MCI 1" 8 track. :confused: He's probably never used it or doesn't know anything about it. So it's a good chance you could trade him a guitar pick for it and he'll take it.

"Problem is you need all the noise reduction associated with analog"

Kind of a lame statement from someone who owns a MCI 1" 8 track. :confused: He's probably never used it or doesn't know anything about it. So it's a good chance you could trade him a guitar pick for it and he'll take it.

I thought that was odd myself.

Yeah.
I wonder how the heads are or if this thing works at all????.

Would like to check it ou though.

Yeah.
I wonder how the heads are or if this thing works at all????.

Pretty much always the key question with any machine. The value of the machine is not much different from the value of the heads in most cases (except for old Ampex machines with vacuum tube electronics).

Cheers,

Otto

I still need to get east one of these days. I have a friend who has the early version of one of these (some people call it "A", because later ones were "B" or "C"), and he will let me take it off his hands, provided I show up to collect it.

Cheers,

Otto

If we didn't already have a C I'd be all over that! Why couldn't it have been a 500 series console instead :( ...who wants those noisy old things :D

Is this the tape it uses?

He could stick with this!

Attachments

• roll of tape.png
    roll of tape.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 60
Well ,being as the seller posted the ad for the machine instead of an actual
pic,it probably does need to use this tape....

Nope...I do believe we're on the right path...let your conscience be your guide and I'm sure the right choice will come into alignment.

Maybe he'll head to eBay and reproduce the ad for $1 no reserve
beat_deadhorse.gif

Back