M 520 for sale in Cleveland

Cleveland must be "where it's at" these days!!!! Damn!!! This is, like, the third nice sale in a week. Must be nice!!!!

Cleveland is a great city. Love that everyone here in pro tools. Lots of stuff for me. Again, if anyone is serious about this I'd be happy to check it out and even arrange shipping for my analog brothers and sisters.:D Its good to be the king.

Cleveland is a great city. Love that everyone here in pro tools. Lots of stuff for me. Again, if anyone is serious about this I'd be happy to check it out and even arrange shipping for my analog brothers and sisters.:D Its good to be the king.

Man that's real nice of you tail. I think this calls for a few points if I can.

Do they not have 16 tape returns?

I would really dig that for use with my PT system as I like to run PT thru my board. It kinda sux with the 320 as it only has 8 returns

Do they not have 16 tape returns?

I would really dig that for use with my PT system as I like to run PT thru my board. It kinda sux with the 320 as it only has 8 returns

There is 16 tape returns and a 16 channel cue mix on the right side of the board...all RCA -10 db unbalanced jacks.

Cheers! :)

Sweet- I can live an unbalanced life. At least just for tape returns. Thanx Ghost
Any idea of a price range on these things? They don't come up as often as the 300 series, so I don't really know.

Edit: I just heard from him. He wants $500.

Last edited:
I've seen them as low as $100 and as high as $1000.

I sold mine for $700...it was minty and "gone through". PSU was recapped. Included the manual and some spares. I think that is still a reasonable price for one in that condition...maybe even a good deal. For $500 I'd expect an M-520 that is all there, fully functional...no grenades...and reasonably well cared for and in a condition that it would "clean up nice" without too much trouble...expect scratchy pots and noisy channel "ON" and "ASSIGN" switches...that last bit with the switches is a design issue.

I'm guessing it's built somewhat like the 300 series: channel cards nutted to the deck?

I have no problem with dirty pots/switches. That's the easy stuff.

If I had at least one extra channel card, I could rebuild/cap it one at a time, just leap frogging cards. (I wish it had channel strips).

Did you ever have a 300 series?

The M-500 series utilize 4-channel modules. Very sturdy assemblies as there is a separate chassis to which the cards mount and then the dress panel on top of that. The connections to the motherboard, which is mounted vertically, are fairly accessible as by loosening a few screws the meter bridge tips back like th hood on a Corvette to expose it...

I've had both an M-308B and an M-520. Very different from a featue standpoint as well as a circuitry standpoint.

Actually, the 500 series is more like a tan color. ;)

Ahhh, Richard...T-dog is looking deeper...looking past the face...notice that the meter bridge housing is the brown.

Must look past the surface...must seek more in life. Not all things can be seen at first...sometimes we must wait.

:rolleyes::drunk:

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.
I love the sound of my 300, so I'm a little shy about changing it.

I personally like the sounds of the M-300 series better than the M-500, but the M-500 has 8-busses, 4 auxes and that neat-o 8-channel balance amp section...and the M-520 is more adept at fronting a 16-track machine...And nit that the M-500 sounds "bad" or anything...just preferential to the M-300.

The M-300 series, 4-buss "limitations" aside, is better setup for small venue FOH as well as recording...more of a true dual-purpose board.

Back