Thread: Looking for a nice 2 track?

Thanks

Looking for a nice 2 track?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Just found this - way out of my price range, but if it is actually new (new old stock?) and you have the money then this is a nice unit - used one of these in a radio production studio 11 years ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

(and if anyone wants to buy it for me as a gift then I'll give you a delivery address )

Cya
    Andrew

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arjoll
    Just found this - way out of my price range, but if it is actually new (new old stock?) and you have the money then this is a nice unit - used one of these in a radio production studio 11 years ago.

(and if anyone wants to buy it for me as a gift then I'll give you a delivery address )

Cya
    Andrew
    Thanks for the link but the BR-20 can still be bought new in at least a few online stores. TEAC still makes 'em. I would never buy from a 1 feedback eBayer, especially if he/she never sold anything. I'd approach the above link and auction with extreme caution.

~Daniel

Thanks
    Its not even the actual picture of the item, Which I thought was a no no on ebay.

Thanks
    I still have this:
    http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/sho...ghlight=tascam

I've got an MKS-70 since I posted this so I'm looking for cash these days.

Carl
    Wait...what?

Beck Guest

Cya
    Andrew
    I saw that... still drooling. That picture is every bit as sexy as Miss july 1973.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cjacek
    Thanks for the link but the BR-20 can still be bought new in at least a few online stores. TEAC still makes 'em. I would never buy from a 1 feedback eBayer, especially if he/she never sold anything. I'd approach the above link and auction with extreme caution.
    Its good to hear they're still made.

I had a quick look at the Tascam US site but it doesn't show it. The Tascam NZ site (actually the site of Direct Imports NZ, who have distributed Teac/Tascam here for years) mentions the BR-20, but isn't pushing it and given its absence from the US site I assumed it had been deleted.

They are a very nice recorder - after using one of these the 32 just doesn't seem quite as nice anymore....

And no matter how tempting, I just can't bring myself to buy something like this from the US. Maybe from Aussie if the price was right, but too many things could go wrong further afield.

Cya
    Andrew

Thanks
    Its good to hear they're still made.

I had a quick look at the Tascam US site but it doesn't show it. The Tascam NZ site (actually the site of Direct Imports NZ, who have distributed Teac/Tascam here for years) mentions the BR-20, but isn't pushing it and given its absence from the US site I assumed it had been deleted.

They are a very nice recorder - after using one of these the 32 just doesn't seem quite as nice anymore....

And no matter how tempting, I just can't bring myself to buy something like this from the US. Maybe from Aussie if the price was right, but too many things could go wrong further afield.

Cya
    Andrew
    Shit, you're right. I clicked the "Open Reel" link on the TASCAM USA site and it comes out empty. They must have removed the BR-20 VERY recently as I still saw it there just weeks ago. Damn, it looks like they no longer support the format. Bastards!

Still, there are online stores that stock the BR-20. For how long and how many are still available is a mystery.

~Daniel

Thanks

Be careful what you say....

Maybe from Aussie if the price was right, but too many things could go wrong further afield.
    Typical...after saying that I find this.

OK, I'm revising my criteria. I can't bring my self to buy anything online unless its an afforable MSR-16 in New Zealand.

There, I should be safe now.

(in case you haven't noticed from the theme of recent posts, I like the MSR-16 )

Cya
    Andrew

Thread Information