Line Amps

stainlessbrown

I have a pair of Fostex line amps that I used briefly for remote recording, running the tage snake into the LA's ... but now I really don't have much use for them (that I can think of)

I think I heard somewhere that the Fostex line amps would work as active DI boxes and would pass signal in both directions (Lo-Z to Hi-Z and visa versa)... not sure i need 8 (04 16) active DI's

before I fry something, I thought I'd ask, otherwise I'll probably sell them

Are these the 5030's?

Also, do they have dip switches on the back (for pin 2 or pin 3 hot?) and there is a -6dB/-10dB switch also for the rca's. The older model just has swithes along the top for balanced or unbalanced.

The XLR's though are +4. So I'm not sure the application you're thinking of. It's not an impedance matcher, but a level matcher (-10dB rca to/from +4dB XLR)
although you also get a high impedance in/low impedance out as a by product. (or rather lower: 5k load on the rca outs.)

5030's and the older models

I'm not sure what I', thinking either beyond should i keep them or try and find em a home?

one thing I don't need is gear I'm not using now (and probably wont)... they would make a good rack mount tube chassis??? hmm, I've a finger/box break at work, so a new rear panel/cover would be simple to form

Anybody have a schematic? maybe the power supply can be separated and used on another SS project... and there's 16 Switchcraft XLR's I could salvage... hmm

I'm guessing these aren't worth much

Back