B

Beck

Will it never end?

More false claims and sticky-shed tape form the king of bullshit. :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370164857631

His cliams:
1) The AGFA 469 is exactly similar to the BASF 468
2) AGFA 469 1/2" is some of the most popular recording tape ever made
3) We offer a full 100% guarantee on all our tape products.

The Truth:
1) 469 and 468 are totally different formulations & 469 is THE worst for Sticky-shed
2) 469 was a flash in the pan... probably the least popular bias compatible tape
3) Try working with Bill at tapeandtape to get your money back... I dare ya!

Buyer Beware!!!​

So I see that our friend Bill is still causing trouble ...:eek: Thanks for the heads-up Tim!:)

Attachments

• mickey.jpg
    mickey.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 120
I just "finished" a transaction with him. It's a disaster. I wanted some 3M 6 screw reels, so I bid on 3 226 with case, looked new in photos, described like new...Well, 2 months later and after a Paypal claim I finally got them. Of course they were not like the photo, they were the older style reel with 3 screws and they looked bad, as in really used. What they heck? I see he may be doing this to other people too. I don't even want to try the tape, I don't want anything sticky touching my 42. I think I will just scrap the tape and resell the reels...:mad: Lesson learned I guess.

Vince...really sorry you got bit. Tapeandtape is nothing less than notorius. Sorry we couldn't somehow get the word to you sooner and save you the trouble. :(

There's a hope! He may move his "operation" into a different Galaxy: Collectibles > Disneyana > Contemporary > Figurines > Mickey Mouse , where he'll be providing species around what-ever-Globe-is-there with things made of "platinum/silver and gold " all at the same time , heh heh :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mickey-Mouse-collectible-figurine-mickey-mouse-rare_W0QQitemZ370081635517

What do you think the chances are he's taking PCI and ISA boards out of old Packard Bell 286's and etching Mickey Mouse's head onto them?

If that is the case, I'd like to see what he'd do with the original Little Mermaid VHS box.

-MD

Vince...really sorry you got bit. Tapeandtape is nothing less than notorius. Sorry we couldn't somehow get the word to you sooner and save you the trouble. :(

I bought the tape in early January and only read this thread after the fact. I contacted him today to say he sent the wrong item and he said he will reship the correct reels asap and to keep the original tapes. So, if I eventually do get the right reel and they are mint as stated, then I guess it will have ended well. :rolleyes:

PCI board in a 286? Man, you guys ARE analog only :D :p

What do you mean, "You guys?"

BestSupportingActor-RobertDowneyJr-TropicThunder15.jpg

PCI board in a 286? Man, you guys ARE analog only :D :p

The Packard Bell 286 I grew up with was awesome. It was a desktop and the power button was internally connected to a 14" metal rod, that when the power switch was depressed, clicked a switch within the power supply to kick it over.

It was the best of both worlds, electronic and mechanical!

-MD

I miss the Turbo Button. I've tried in vain to simulate that "Vintage Turbo Button sound” you hear so much about... I don't think it can be done. :cool:

what about quantegy gp-9 from tapeandtape?

I was thinking about getting a quantegy gp-9 reel from him.He says they are new and not used,would this be risky.Is everything he sells crap?I have never bought from him,but I wonder why he has such a high positive rating on ebay.

I wonder why he has such a high positive rating on ebay.

I suspect a lot of people don't know what they've bought and the positive feedback is already cast in stone. Same thing for shedding tape. It may not rear its ugly head till later on. I think many who buy from Bill are not really in the know and just assume.

GP9 is fine but do you trust the source?

what causes tape shed?

What causes a tape to shed?Is it age or overuse,I have some tapes that are a few years old but are still sealed in the plastic bag and box they came in,could they still shed.Also where are the good sources for decent tape?

Here's a great resource for all your questions:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=228067

Doesn't matter if sealed or not. It's a particular binder formulation that is the issue and it does brake down eventually. What is the tape that you have?

There's EMTEC-RMGI, ATR and hopefully soon Quantegy, which will re-issue some of the tapes. Other than that, there's eBay, for new old stock.

I wonder why he has such a high positive rating on ebay.

In my case I did not leave him feedback because the transaction took so long. It took almost 2 months to receive the order and then he ended up sending different reels, he promised to send replacements, but have not received anything yet and now it's too late to give feedback after 2months...so there you go, one less negative. The tape was bad too surprise surprise. On a positive note he sent a beat up empty reel and some splicing tape as a bonus...:rolleyes:

I was thinking about getting a quantegy gp-9 reel from him.He says they are new and not used,would this be risky.Is everything he sells crap?I have never bought from him,but I wonder why he has such a high positive rating on ebay.

Don't trust him for anything. What's preventing him from putting sticky-shed tape on an old GP-9 reel? There would be little to now way of actually telling it's GP-9, and I wouldn't put it past him.

As for his high positive rating, unfortunately a lot of people don't know better, and they attribute any machine malfunction to the age of the machine, not the quality of the tape.

-MD

Thanks guys,I'll steer clear of him,not worth taking a risk.I trust you guys more than him.He's in business for profit,the info I recieve from you guys is free and priceless at the same time.Thanks again.

Back