Just paid way too much for an HP400EL.

Blue Jinn

Rider of the ARPocalypse
but it's a solid state HP, and it's been tested. So now I have an almost complete test rig! Wavetek 186 sig gen that will output a .316v signal, a nice Fluke 8050A DVM, and a Tektronix 2133 'scope. I have a 1/2" TEAC alignment tape. Need a 1/4" though. (The one I got is most likely sticky.) So, the MSR-16 is on deck to get cal'd. The 8 track badly needs an alignment, but it's going to be a sob to pull from the rack.

$125 incl shipping. Now I've publicly embarrassed myself thanks to you!

But the seller indicates it's fully tested and functioning w/in specs. Doesn't say "calibrated" but I have a good working Fluke DVM to match voltage readings, and this is the one piece of essential gear I'm missing, other than the tele thingy to measure tension. (And I'm not going to get a wow&flutter tape or do that.)

The market is squishy and “tested and functioning” is valuable. And this is calibration equipment...built to a different standard than the gear it tests. If it’s working it’s often in spec. No need for embarrassment as far as I’m concerned. I understand the 400 is considered a good meter. Kind of like an SM-57.

Back