Jack screws?

ron-e-g

OK, hoping to get your interest. I managed to break the hood surrounding the Function Remote D-sub 37. I looked up the part in tascam parts diagram. It is only listed as an assy.That includes the cable. I ordered a Hood on line, and then discovered the supplied screws that connect the D-sub connector tho the Recorders input are different threads! The Tascam (jack screws) I think there called. Are different, they are finer. Seems I came across this before. I was given some of these jack screws at my local computer store. I was going to use them on the M-600, but I ran into the same problem.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Where would I get the proper D-sub 37 hood?

I found a couple for cabling I made up for my BR-20T at Mouser. I think the threads might be metric. Maybe you can take the original jack-screw to a hardware store that sells metric hardware and confirm the diameter and thread pitch and then you'd know what to ask for as far as the hood when you go shopping, but I know I got some nice all-metal DSUB-37 hoods at Mouser.

Cool, Cory. You probably don't recall the part number? Curious you say they are probably metric was that a request you could specify from Mouser. I have been there looking but got to admit. I get a little confused with all the search options.:confused:
BTW.. I would have thought, they all would be Metric!

Thanks.

According to the catalog linked under Data Sheet in the page linked in my last post, the jack screws are 4-40 thread.

Thanks sweetbeats, I ordered one. but it's funny I've looked in the same catalog under D-sub connectors and never found that one. :confused:

Yah I was happy to find them. Got two...one to make an end for the cable between my BR-20T and Time Line Microlynx, and one to repair the end of the cable of my RC-402 remote which was missing the hood. They're really nice and heavy/chunky.

100_1476_3_1.JPG

100_1478_4_1.JPG

Back