Thread: I Need to mix down to CD - Convert tape to mp3

Thanks

I Need to mix down to CD - Convert tape to mp3

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a Tascam 4 track porta 02 mk11 and I want to mix down to digital format.

I've heard some mp3's on here from forum members and the quality sounds amazing. How can I also end up with mp3's sounding this great?

Thanks.

Thanks
    anyone?

Thanks
    Check out this program: Goldwave.com

Thanks
    you need a chinch to pin (?) cable...put the chinch into your portastudio (should be marked red and white and say line out or something like that).the other end should be in your computer (line in, mostly blue). then you need a recording software like wavelap etc. there are free ones like audacity which get the job done.they can record your mixed songs of your portastudio. you need to check that you have set up "line in" as your recording source in your computer.check the levels of your recording software while recording, peaks should be at -1db or lower.you can get up to 0 db but higher will result in distortion/clipping and sounds awful ^^
    I'm not english and bad when it comes to explaining...hope it helped anyway
    btw: the mp3 s posted here are made with other portas like the 244,242 (II,III),464,644 etc. which all have a real mixer section with EQ,effect inputs,better preamps and dbx noise reduction (eliminates hiss of the tape)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pehjott View Post
    you need a chinch to pin (?) cable...put the chinch into your portastudio (should be marked red and white and say line out or something like that).the other end should be in your computer (line in, mostly blue). then you need a recording software like wavelap etc. there are free ones like audacity which get the job done.they can record your mixed songs of your portastudio. you need to check that you have set up "line in" as your recording source in your computer.check the levels of your recording software while recording, peaks should be at -1db or lower.you can get up to 0 db but higher will result in distortion/clipping and sounds awful ^^
    I'm not english and bad when it comes to explaining...hope it helped anyway
    btw: the mp3 s posted here are made with other portas like the 244,242 (II,III),464,644 etc. which all have a real mixer section with EQ,effect inputs,better preamps and dbx noise reduction (eliminates hiss of the tape)
    cool thanks for the info. I have RCA outs so I guess I will buy an RCA to line in adapter. I have audacity. its free and easy to use.

yeah this is the cheap Tascam. just doing some rough demos and songwriting with it. I have a studio where I go for finish recording.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Thread Information