i got some GOOD deals today!

ROBOTQUALITYREC

i was on ebay hounding an MSR 16 machine till its final seconds and someone outbid me at 17 sec! very upsetting...but i also had a bid on a TSR-8/midiizer aution which i won for $535. not too bad if i do say so myself. then about 10 minutes ago i came across a newly placed auction for a fostex G16 'like new with 80 hours' for 650. hell yeah i bought it. im not too sure ill be keeping the TSR 8. i was planning on using a 16 track machine for drums guitars and bass then dumping into protools for everything else. then having an extra 8 track machine synced for 24 track all analog projects. i need to really go over it...
once im sure im going to set it free i really wouldnt hesitate to let the TSR go for 500 including shipping to anyone on this board.
you people deserve it.
anyways... IM EXCITED!
ill be posting lots of samples in the mixing clinic.

would you guys recommend the tascam 32 as a hearty mixdown deck? looks good to me...

Hello everyone. I bought a 42b on ebay a year ago and its been sitting at my sons the whole time. He's moving out here to Oregon with it and I can't wait to use it. I've got 2 MSR's with the midiizer. But I still need a 32 channel board.
Hmmmm. Anyone ever filled 32 tracks? I've got a set of tapes with 17 tracks so far. Had to move in the middle of recording it, but now I've got a new place to set this shit up correctly for once. I'll be posting pics and plans in the Studio building forum. I've custom built everything fixturewise including the console, and have never been able to posts pics of the way its built. Plans and sections yea. But no assembly pics.
My new setup will have a custom steel frame for 4 reel to reels. I welded it up 4 yrs ago, but its been under the console to support the amps and computers. Now I can use it as it was intended. 2 MSR's, the 42b and a 1/4"/7" consumer machine-a teac 2300. And theres a rack for 2 rackmount 122's, and other obsolete but funner than shit machines. I LOVE ANALOG STUFF!!! I even have an old suitcase model Ampex 601. Hell, this thing is a dinasaur. But I still love the damn thing. Well, my .02.
fitz:)

ROBOTQUALITYREC said:
i was on ebay hounding an MSR 16 machine till its final seconds and someone outbid me at 17 sec! very upsetting...

Always bid the maximum amount you are prepared to pay. And always bid during the last 30 seconds.

That way, you can never be upset. :)

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Hmmmm. Anyone ever filled 32 tracks? I've got a set of tapes with 17 tracks so far.

the closest to 32 tracks so far is...lets see...2 for kick, 3 for snare, 2 toms, 2 overheads, hats, ride, 2 rooms (stereo), bass, 6 guitar, 4 vocals, 2 piano (stereo), 2 synth (stereo). thats a good 28 tracks. but this is also digital. so eh. i would kill for a pair of msr's. has anyone ever used a midiizer syncing a computer to tape? i wonder if it sucks...ill see i guess

Tell us how the G16 sounds...

I was going to buy a MSR16 but it appeared to be too worn out.
The head looked like it had many many working hours so I gave it up although it worked fine.

Back