I Can Take It - Song

ksounds

Another one produced on the Tascam 424 mkII portastudio.

I tried experimenting with this mix. Not sure how it sounds to you guys, but to me it has a very retro 80's demo thing going on...probably cause I'm using a bunch of 80's and early 90's budget gear. If you like it, gimme a shout out...

And for the record, the wave file sounds sooooo much better than the mp3, but whatever:D It's called "I Can Take It"

No idea why it's cutting off the fade out either...wtfw:mad:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=805880&content=music

Yeah, mp3 basically sucks - if you can, when you convert the .wav to 320k CBR instead of anything less. The size savings with lower and/or variable bit rates isn't worth the sound quality loss - regardless what those web sites selling songs are saying.

Nice cut, your mixes are getting better each time!

AK

Sounds great to me. If you ever want to send me a cassette I would love to do some drums on something. I also have a 424 mkII.

Yes it was in real nice shape. It came with the demag unit foot switch and a teac tone generator. I had been wanting one of those for a while.
The unit seems to play back a little lower than the input recording is but I havnt really done a good cleaning or demag on it yet.

It's nice to know that the 424 mkII is such a popular machine.:D I know how to use it (for the most part), but I'm not talented enough to play anything worth recording.:p I am, however, taking a guitar course at the local college this fall.;)

It's nice to know that the 424 mkII is such a popular machine.:D I know how to use it (for the most part), but I'm not talented enough to play anything worth recording.:p I am, however, taking a guitar course at the local college this fall.;)

This song is like 5 cords...not the best song or whatever, but that's the beauty of the 4 track...you only have 4 tracks to worry about. Start with 1 and build from there...you won't have far to go;) Good luck with your lessons!

Like it :cool: What mics are you using? I like the end as well, it's funny, a very "oh just fuck it" end :p

Another example of not needing to spend £££ sorry, translation-> $$$ to get a good recording ;)

Like it :cool: What mics are you using? I like the end as well, it's funny, a very "oh just fuck it" end :p

Another example of not needing to spend £££ sorry, translation-> $$$ to get a good recording ;)
Thanks...but the end was an accident. For whatever reason, when I convert the .wav file to .mp3, it keeps cutting off the fade out. Kind of frustrating:mad:

The mic is a rode nt-3 on guitar and vox.

The slap back effect comes courtesy of the Alesis Midiverb II and the reverb is supplied by a Lexicon Alex. The drum machine is actually an iDrum rhythm I programmed and ran into a dbx 163x compressor, then into the 4 track. Has a nice squashed sound to it-purposely for effect:D

Back