Hullo old friends

jedblue

beep beep beep beep beep
I've been away for a while. 7 years it seems since I last picked up an instrument, pressed the record button or said anything on the forum. Thanks to Chili and Steeno I've managed to recover my long forgotten registration and get back on. Great to see some of you analogs still here from back in 2010.

Like Dave I've been playing again - little covers sing-a-long gigs down at the local pub, sort of karaoke with bad backing tracks. I also left the land of the kangaroos and returned home to the land of the kiwis and couldn't be happier. I never got rid of anything over the years, just packed it all away - just in case - and did other stuff. :) Now it seems time to dig out some of that old equipment, plug it all back in and see what happens. I have no idea yet but I suspect it'll mostly involve the old 424, cassettes, :facepalm: 4 tracks, bouncing, old mikes & instruments and the usual bad playing, singing and composition. :D

Geoff

Last edited:
I'll refrain from the usual smart arsed jokes between ANZACs.

Good to see you back here Geoff, I'm actually trying to get re-motivated as well, spooling tapes, chasing signals getting lost somewhere, etc. The icing on the cake was the arrival last week of my 91 Patrick Eggle Berlin from the UK.......first time I've really played an electric in five years and I'm having a ball.

ChrisO :cool:

Attachments

• 91 Eggle Berlin.JPG
    91 Eggle Berlin.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 8
I'll refrain from the usual smart arsed jokes between ANZACs.

Good to see you back here Geoff, I'm actually trying to get re-motivated as well, spooling tapes, chasing signals getting lost somewhere, etc. The icing on the cake was the arrival last week of my 91 Patrick Eggle Berlin from the UK.......first time I've really played an electric in five years and I'm having a ball.

ChrisO :cool:

Lovely guitar Chris, best thing I did recently was force myself to get out and play in front of people again on my own. Although what possessed me to restart my recording on this pile of antiquated nonsense in this age of unlimited tracks of ultra high resolution in the box I have no idea.

P1080319.JPG

Last edited:
I'm just trying to force myself to solder in some zeners into the power supply of my prototype Tascam console...been trying find the motivation for weeks. Can't find it.

Guys, it's a strange thing.......somehow, somewhere and for various reasons, life causes us to drop things that are actually, fundamentally important to us, trying to recognise and reinvigorate them can be bloody difficult...........we've just got to hang in and persevere.

:cool:

Back