How much?????????????

You don't see those often. I'm not sure it justifies the asking price, though. You'd have to be a fanatical collector of multitracks to pay that kind of money.

What intrigues me most is the bit about them repairing the open tracks on the head. I didn't know that was a thing.

Truly I say to you, I wouldn't buy it if it was 100th the price...unless I had a museum or something. An obscure machine in an already obscure market is not a good idea if you want to put it to work.

Very interesting, but that's as far as my interest grows.

Repairing open coils to "half coils"? Maybe a typo...once a head coil has worn past the gap and begins to "open up", there's no realistic way to repair that. It is "open" because material has been worn away, and the only way to rectify that is to add back material, but in order for tape to travel appropriately across the headstack material would have to be uniformly added back over the entire surface of the headstack that touches tape...and the material would have to be to the precise widths of the head coils in the stack...and the material would have to be bonded to each coil respectively. I know of no way to "repair" a head coil that has worn past the tip depth and opened up. And, speaking of the machine again, any machine that has been used to the point head coils are opening up says high mileage.

I was gonna make him an offer...but the postage to the USA was more than the asking price of the deck. :facepalm:

Postage:
AU $100,000.00 (approx. £61,455.13) Standard International Flat Rate Postage

"Standard International Flat Rate"
:laughings:

He has a white elephant...and he actually thinks someone would be interested at those prices. :D

I was gonna make him an offer...but the postage to the USA was more than the asking price of the deck. :facepalm:

Postage:
AU $100,000.00 (approx. £61,455.13) Standard International Flat Rate Postage

To be fair: "I have no idea of the freight cost for this item, ignore the shipping cost. The shipping cost can be negotiated with the buyer or you can pick it up your self."

To be fair: "I have no idea of the freight cost for this item, ignore the shipping cost. The shipping cost can be negotiated with the buyer or you can pick it up your self."

Fair about what...?...the guy is out in left field. :p

Like be out of service for eons while you try to find or have parts made that are infinitely unobtanium...or find somebody willing to work on it.

Back