How far are your speakers from your tape?

sixtiesman

I am moving my lumps about!!

I have a Revox C270 underneath a shelf containing
a speaker!!

The edge of the nab reels must be within a foot of the cone of the speaker above.

Anybody any limits on this?

Could this be a Ghost question??

thanks
sixtiesman

I'd give unshielded speakers a wide birth. Two and a half to three feet away is a pretty safe working distance.

As a test for your speaker in question, wave it around a junker TV set with the TV on and see how the color of the screen goes haywire when you draw the speaker nearer to it. At the point where you see color distortion, double that distance as your specific working distance.

Cheers! :)

Well...I don't use.....

Well...I don't use speakers because I live in a condo. Everything is recorded thru headphones :(

I do, however, have a Sony 17" color monitor about 2.5 feet away from my Fostex Model 80. It's beginning to worry me a bit, especially every time I hear that loud de-gauss hum when I turn the monitor on. :eek:

You should definateley move tape machines and tapes well away from Tube TV's and speakers, anything with strong magnetic fields like that.

Thanks Ghost! and nettech and Muckelroy

Thanks for the advice............

I have moved the c270 out of the way, of course I now have other problems to solve because of it, But I 'm getting there!

Back