Hey Reel

The M520 power supply hunt is a bust.

Currently, I'm deciding whether I want it, as is, less power supply, if I'll let someone else take it in my place, or to just scrap the deal altogether.

Not decided, TBD, but the news is that they had this donated, and may never have gotten the supply, so as such, I was mistaken. This unit was not in normal service prior to Ebay listing.

It's a decision I'm going to discuss with someone tomorrow, as to whether or not he wants it, TBD.

Last edited:
I dont know how much it will cost to ship or pick it up but it might be worth the parts for the future. I dont know its a hard one.
Im sure you have thought about all those things though.

I'll decide by tomorrow. Need to talk to someone.

Bummer though, eh?;)

Personally, I don't want it, but someone I'm talking with tomorrow might. TBD.

What was it going for, like $100?

I'd so much want to take my chances on finding a PS or maybe have one built, BUT (of course) not knowing it's working condition IS a huge factor... Could end up costing way more than it's worth.

The whole deal is clearly the work of the devil!
Soooo tempting!!!

I've got $400 saved...I just have to keep saving and find a nice 520 for maybe $600 (If possible)... I want one really really bad.

:)

Last edited:
A conspiracy hatched by the digital underground, I'd say!

No, the seller was clearly not familiar with pro audio equipment, and she did not realize the mixer was missing anything, until I gave her a little crash course on the M520.

I bailed on the deal, and asked her to relist the unit, less power supply. I don't doubt the mixer-less-supply might bid even higher than $96, next time, but watch Ebay for that listing, coming soon!

Sure, if I wanted to take a BIG chance on the M520 board, less supply, and then hold out for finding a power supply and cable on auction by itself, well, good luck! I don't think that was a sure enough of a bet to go all the way with it.

I don't doubt, that part-for-part, the M520-less-supply is worth all of $96, and then some, but it's not what I was looking for or bidding on.

I was looking for a mixer that worked, right out of the box.;)

FWIW, there are other M520's out there, currently.

I see at least one M520/complete on auction now, as complete. You're not gonna get it for $96. though,... more like ~$600.

As for me, I've already purchased another complete and working M520, and am awaiting ground service delivery of it from Tuscon, AZ. Supposedly, the unit has already shipped, and I'd expect it to hit my doorstep some time next week. Stay tuned for that!

Yeah, that sucks, alright.

But that was then, Aug 22, and this is now, Sept 22.

I also saw that PS-520 auction, real time, but was unable to bid that day. Obviously, that would have been the ticket, to by chance have picked up the PS-520 in August, then the M-520 mixer in Sept, but believe me, I would have bid if I had been at the computer that day.

Oh well, all I can say, is:
easy come, easy go! ;)

Yeah, I knew it was from an older auction, but it still stings-LOL
(I didn't take notice of the two locations, but I wonder if the units were actually related...THAT would be something.)

Have any idea of the rough dimensions of a 520??

M520: Big/heavy.

Like I said, I did see the lone PS-520 on auction in August, and I did intend to bid on it, but as things go, I missed bidding that day!

When I procured the M520, [the one under discussion in this thread], and it turned out to be with NO power supply, I did discuss with my friends, [para], that "I'd be pissed if that PS-520 from a while back was my supply!"

And it was. Haha, joke's on me, but not any more, because I bailed off this deal.

Like I said, again, [I'm repeating myself], I have a fully intact and working M520 on it's way to me from Tuscon, but I hopped on this other M520, because by my own philosophy,...

Anything worth buying one of, is worth buying more that one!

Anyway, I had big plans to cascade the two M520's together, but now I'll have to scale back my recording gear megalomania, and just have one M520 for now./DA

Wait, so that PS was from the same exact 520???
(How the heck did they get split and sold seperate...What is this world coming too??? Oh the humanity!!!)

Rick was talking about cascading two also...Man oh man would that be something else!

How exactally do you go about cascading?

No, probably not literally from the same unit, but you never know!

To cascade mixers, you'd plug the PGM OUTs of one board into the PGM INs on the other board, & likewise for the MONITOR and SUBMIX sections of the board, OUTs-to-INs. That way, all the board's channels and faders are active, but they're summed at the outputs, and one board serves as master fader, overall.

;)

That would be something, alright, cascading two M520's and I was attempting to do just that, 'cept the second board turned out to be missing the supply, so I bailed.

Talk to GFM, because he's cascaded his two M312B's.

As for me, I had [3] M30's cascaded at one time, in this very same fashion, in order to support the 24-track reel recorder that I got 'bout two years ago.;)

Back