Help tascam424mkiii

poopstainjane

Having trouble recording two track simultaneously on separate tracks? I have read the manual, watched tutorials on youtube, and search the web for answers. I recently got this from ebay it seems to be working fine. Except i just can get record my two tracks separately (vox and guitar). I'm not a professional and yes this is my first rodeo. If anyone can give me in, great detail, the settings I need to have active/not active that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

Hi!

I think the first step would be to help us help you and if you can tell us in great detail what settings you are currently using...that way one of us can identify what might be incorrectly set and just tell you to change that thing rather than you wading through yet another dissertation on how to do it. Totally not trying to be critical. Want to help, I just think we'll get you recording quicker if you can tell us how you're trying to do it presently. Does that make sense?

We'll get you up and riding. ;)

It sounds like you are missing the PANNING step. But I'm not sure. Let's assume you are micing a guitar and micing your vox. Put your vocal mic in CHannel 1 at the bottom of your mixer turn your pan knob all the way over to the left. Now put your guitar mic in channel two and pan it all the way to the right. In bring your faders up on both channels, also ensure that your trim pots (the knobs to the top of the mixer) are up, and that your master volume is up as well. Also ensure that both of your input selector switches are all the way to the left, this tells the maching to expect outside audio. it helps me to keep all other channels turned off. If this does not work, please give us a detailed description of your set up so we can help you trouble shoot it better. Hope it works!!!

EDIT: SWEATBEATS Beat me to it!!! But definately, better detail helps out when we're trying to help. The above advice was just a guess on what might be wrong.

I may have beat nate_dennis, but he was more helpful...:o

The other piece is the record function switches located directly below the cassette bay...you can either pan L and R like nate_dennis says and then you'd want the record function switches for tracks 1 and 2 to be set to BUSS L and BUSS R respectively, or you can (if for instance you have the vox in channel 1 of the mixer and the guitar in channel 2) set the record function switches for tracks 1 and 2 both to DIRECT.

Thanks for the responses.

So i have done what you said nate with the Pan L and Pan R. Track 1 vox track 2 guitar. Recording Functions set respectively correct with corresponding track. And i have even tried doing the tracks direct.

I test it before recording and on the screen everything works the tracks are separate, the volumes are good. Everything should be fine to record...right. So then i playback my test and can only hear track 2 and can only see track 2 light up on the screen no track 1 can be seen on screen, but can hear a little bleed thru though track 2. During playback, the inputs for track 1 and 2 are on tape. All other tracks are on off. What confuses me though and what might be the problem is what should the settings be for the nobs above the master volume (effect2-tape cue) (EFFECT/CUE effect1, effect2/cue, off) (LINE OUT L-R, mono, off) --do these settings have anything to do with the playback?

Thanks so much guys. I will conquer this soon.

Make sure that channels 1 and 2 on the mixer are both set to TAPE at the top of the channel strip (by the TRIM knobs) for playback...then set the MON L and MON R switches to the right...try that.

also try making sure your monitor cue is up. Another thing that would help would be to go all the way from the trim pot and work your way down and give us the exact settings durring tracking and then again durring playback.

Back