Help needed with faulty Tascam 244 not recording

hinotori

Hi all Tapeheads!

Apologies for my first post being such a needy one, I have been lurking here for a long while. ;)

I recently repaired my trusty Tascam 244, following the great photo step through guides by Dr Zee, and have fitted new belts and idler tyres.

However, it will no longer actually record onto tape. Everything looks to be mechanically working properly, also, it will play back previously recorded tapes but just won't lay anything down onto tape. I usually use it in 4 track record mode and have gone through the manual many times and tried every recording method but it just won't work.
Does anyone have any ideas what this may be? the last time I remember that it worked perfectly was after I replaced the belts and before I replaced the idler tyres, so I may have knocked or unplugged something when I had it open.

Many many thanks in advance! :)

Are the jumpers in place?. These are on the back of the 244.
And when you put the 244 back together after opening it up, did you make sure any internal connectors were plugged back in?

Thanks. The jumpers were in place. I reopened it and following the schematics traced back through the machine looking at possible disconnections and reconnecting anything that seemed loose. All working fine and happy now :) thanks for the advice!

Back