A hello and a pic

zombie1210

Hello everybody.

I recently rediscovered great old analog audio. It sounds better than I remember from the 70's. (there might be reasons for that) :)

Here a pic of my cheesy plastic racks.

p1000160.jpg

The speakers are my weak link right now....and they are not that close to the deck, I've moved them.

No... 2 speed. I've only had it for a short time. Today I made some recordings of classical music... FM played through the Sansui 8080. I don't remember FM ever sounding so good. The 3300S is next to new, only 20 hours and it came in the minty box. Fully serviced, and not a mark on it.

Nice Set! :)

It sounds better than I remember from the 70's. (there might be reasons for that) :)
Yeah, me too.
My "theory" (attempt to explain it to myself) is that it's because now we are "blessed" :rolleyes: to have the advanced technology in place - something to compare with, that is.
The Brand New World is comming, and when it's here then and only then we will know what it was like before. :mad:
Enjoy while it lasts.

Steve, as per out "chat" before,
if I'm not mistaken, the only 'cosmetic' mark to recognize 15ips/1/2-track version is by "2T" tag/badge under the "STOP" button. If there's no badge there, then it has to be 1/4-track 7/3 speed machine. Somebody who knows for sure, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm old enough to have owned "record players", eight-tracks, cassette players/recorders, CD's, DVD's. MP3's, FLACS, and a few others, Its like with each "upgrade", the warmth gets taken from the music. Listen to some jazz or classical on a CD. Then listen to the same thing through a good vinyl recording, played through a vintage amp or receiver.

Its livelier, warmer, and the soundstage seems much more natural.

Oh well, I'm blabbering on...I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir!

p.s. I believe you are correct about the badge on the 15 speed

Steve, as per out "chat" before,
if I'm not mistaken, the only 'cosmetic' mark to recognize 15ips/1/2-track version is by "2T" tag/badge under the "STOP" button. If there's no badge there, then it has to be 1/4-track 7/3 speed machine. Somebody who knows for sure, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember the 2T but somehow I missed the "badge" thing. Good to know.

I remember the 2T but somehow I missed the "badge" thing. Good to know.

As I recall, you could buy 1/2 stereo w/15ips top speed versions of the 3300. The "2T" referred to the 15ips/7.5ips version with a mechanical lever for high speed cuing.

Attachments

• Teac-3300s-2T.jpg
    Teac-3300s-2T.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 38
Back