Happy Thanksgiving!

lo.fi.love

Functionally obsessed.
Hey Friends!

Just passing along my well-wishes and hoping that you all have a great holiday.

Thanksgiving for me this year involves wine and hors d'oeuvres, and then an Indian spread for dinner, with good friends of mine here in the Bay Area. Thankfully there's tons of options here for vegetarians, although I *do* miss turkey!

Eat, drink, be merry, and count your blessings :)

~ Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all off HR. Have a great one! :)

I’m in between courses at the moment waiting for room so I can have pumpkin pie. :)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I'm waiting on round 2 and then round 3 will be on Sunday.:D:eek:

Yes, happy belated giving thanks to everyone!:drunk:

I’m thankful for lots besides…. Including the great community here…

…But I’ve taken a moment to look at my apartment studio and be grateful that there are still deals around (like the one I scored today***:D:D) whereby a straggling poor boy like me can have access to such Analog riches from what seems now like a bygone era… (and grateful that they can still run & that there’s tape still being made for ‘em etc….)

I know some people are disheartened by the lack of monetary value held by some great recording tools, but for some of us ‘starving artists’, having access to this stuff….
…Is really something to be grateful for.
I remember certain times in my life (I imagine others can relate) when I had no access to recording gear at all (or the time and space to use it) for periods that were…just too long. so, I'm truly and deeply grateful for these hunks of highly organized metal & plastic that help me to explore my own psyche and the sublime aesthetic sense of creating sound.

*** now, considering the day, I’d say i'm really more of a ‘buy nothing day’ kinda guy (well, most every day is ‘buy nothing day’ actually…), but here I’d protest that the fetish for ‘this stuff’ transcends the usual gross materialism, and so I traded some green pieces of paper for some... hunks of highly organized metal and plastic that under certain conditions can aid one in self actualization....:

Is it vulgar for a Poet to consecrate his pen? …an Artist his ink and brushes?
(…that’s, uh… rhetorical I guess….)

Back