[SOLVED] Fostex R8 no track 4/8 with Tascam M-208

Jzoha18

So i just got an R8 back from the shop with new belts and got it all cleaned up and hooked up too my Tascam M-208 with a snake. Everything was going good and tracks 1/2/3/5/6/7 record and playback through there channels on the mixer fine, But channel 4 and 8 wont show up on the meters or record through channel 4 and 8 on the mixer. I have each panned to the right buss and monitoring through the speakers like all the other channels but it is not talking to the R8. just to be sure i plugged directly into the RCA inputs on both channels on the Fostex and they both show up on the meters (and will record i assume). So what patching or routing error am i making on the mixer causing it too not show up on the meters? Why would i hear my source loud and clear but it not show up on the meters? heres a picture of my mixer.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/183759183249-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

It’s not clear to me by your post what is showing up where as far as signal.

Are you saying you can hear the source assigned to the PGM group #4 buss when monitoring that source on the mixer, and you can see activity on the group #4 meter, but no signal is making it to the Fostex? Or are you seeing activity on the Fostex tracks 4 & 8 meters, but signal is not making it to tape?

It’s not clear to me by your post what is showing up where as far as signal.

Are you saying you can hear the source assigned to the PGM group #4 buss when monitoring that source on the mixer, and you can see activity on the group #4 meter, but no signal is making it to the Fostex? Or are you seeing activity on the Fostex tracks 4 & 8 meters, but signal is not making it to tape?

i actually figured it out just now! the "3/4 mon" switch needs to be activated for channel 4 and 8. problem was it was in an odd place on the mixer and the switch appears to be defective. i got it to work for a second and 4 and 8 worked. looks like i gotta score another mixer or repair this one

Back