Fostex B-16 belt problem

Tim95

Hi everyone, I am using a Fostex B-16 to record my songs in my home studio, and have been getting pretty good results over the last year. However over the last few months I have had a problem where the capstan belt keeps falling off. My technician said it doesn’t look as if the belt is loose, but I’m guessing it must be for it to slip off. He tried cleaning the motor pulley and flywheel, just in case it was slipping on some gunk, but it has just fallen off again. I bought the belt about 18 months ago when I had the machine serviced, the belt was from an eBay seller in the US, apparently the belts are freshly manufactured replacements. I could just order another belt from them, but I fear that it will have the same problem after a few months. Does anyone have the same machine, and have any advice? I am in the UK.
Thanks, Tim

I don't know a thing about Fostex machines, but since no one else seems to either, I'll take a shot. Is there any way there was some kind of retainer or guard for the belt that's missing? Fallen off, broken?

Back