Flower Pot Guy- Gone?

Oh please, please, please, please let it be true!

I had my saved searches to ignore any listing by him, so wasnt noticing him.

Im going to go check right now!!!!

Maybe he willingly closed up shop due to lack of sales. He had crazy high prices. I dont see how his "attractive" product display picures could make anyone buy at his prices with so many more reasonably priced sellers around.

Maybe he willingly closed up shop due to lack of sales. He had crazy high prices. I dont see how his "attractive" product display picures could make anyone buy at his prices with so many more reasonably priced sellers around.

Either that or he made enough money through overinflated prices that he could retire early...I like your story better...

Hah, that is probably for the best. But I still don't understand why people put audio equipment in the garden when making up ebay photos...

Either that or he made enough money through overinflated prices that he could retire early...I like your story better...

He's got over 1800 pieces of gear still left for sale, (last time I checked) and he's sold 3316 of them so far. So I don't know if that's enough to retire from but it would pay for a vacation or two.

Looking back over the past 3 months, he's only made 53 sales in that time, so like under 20 pieces a month. At that rate, if he doesn't acquire any more gear and just sells off what he has on-hand, he'll be with us for at least another 9 years!

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Hah, that is probably for the best. But I still don't understand why people put audio equipment in the garden when making up ebay photos...

That's no garden. That's his living room.

If he was actually taking those pics in a real garden, he wouldn't have to use the flash on his camera and blow out almost every picture he takes of the stuff! :cursing:

Sorry, photography bug a boo of mine. ;)

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but further investigation has uncovered that he's away on vacation and has closed his account until Aug 5th, 2015. So he'll be back before ya know it.

Oh well. A man can dream, can't he? :D

HaHA! I didn't realize this guy was known. I've seen his stuff so much and was always angered by his prices, especially for broken stuff. When I was searching for a Tascam 244 I would always see his 2 units sitting there all smug among the potted plants and shake my head.

HaHA! I didn't realize this guy was known. I've seen his stuff so much and was always angered by his prices, especially for broken stuff. When I was searching for a Tascam 244 I would always see his 2 units sitting there all smug among the potted plants and shake my head.

The first time I found him asking such ridiculous prices (and didn't know he was notorious), I sent him a message basically saying, "Are you serious? Is this a joke, or did you make a mistake?" He blocked me from asking anymore questions.

I really wish there were a way to block him from search results. I know you can with saved searches (or at least I think you can), but I would just never like to see his items ever come up in my results again.

I sent him a message basically saying, "Are you serious? Is this a joke, or did you make a mistake?" He blocked me from asking anymore questions.

Thats kind of funny.

I wonder if he actually sells stuff since a search will almost always come up with the same item with real world pricing.

Maybe he's like last chance texaco, or there are some who presume that because his price is higher, its a better offering than his competition.

Thats kind of funny.

I wonder if he actually sells stuff since a search will almost always come up with the same item with real world pricing.

Maybe he's like last chance texaco, or there are some who presume that because his price is higher, its a better offering than his competition.

That's just the thing. Assuming the stats aren't rigged or something, he sells stuff all the time. Go to Advanced search and enter his name in the "only show items from" box and check "sold listings." He's constantly selling stuff! It's completely insane.

That's just the thing. Assuming the stats aren't rigged or something, he sells stuff all the time. Go to Advanced search and enter his name in the "only show items from" box and check "sold listings." He's constantly selling stuff! It's completely insane.

He makes less then 20 sales a month.

Other ebayer's like "techno-empire" sell 10 times as much as the flower pot guy because their prices are far more fair, their descriptions are far more accurate and they take way better pictures of their items.

He makes less then 20 sales a month.

Other ebayer's like "techno-empire" sell 10 times as much as the flower pot guy because their prices are far more fair, their descriptions are far more accurate and they take way better pictures of their items.

Even 10 sales a month at his outrageous prices is unbelievable to me! I can't believe there are that many suckers every month!

I've never heard of that techno guy. Are you sure you have his name right? I tried searching on ebay, and nothing came up.

Edit: Oh, I found it. There's no hyphen.

Back