Favorite analogue kit.. ?

dialatron

There just arn't enough pictures on here !!!!! Anyone like to post one of their favorite pieces of vintage gear ?
This is mine, its a Standel mixer, but being mono I use it as a sort of giant Joe Meek item as it has a compressor and reverb and a nice eq.. Cost me £200 to get it serviced so it has a place in my soul and its here for life...

Attachments

• SSL10745.jpg
    SSL10745.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 175
my tascam 688's!

casaspace.jpg

Nagra IV-L from the 60's. 3 head, quartz locked, 1/4" full track mono recorder. Fully portable, mains or battery powered, runs for hours on 12 size "D" batteries. Line in or mic. Bypassed, manual or automatic limiting. 3 1/4, 7 1/2 or 15ips. Indestructable.

All our stuff gets mastered down to this in glorious mono...

Attachments

• Nagra.jpg
    Nagra.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 153
Nagra IV-L from the 60's. 3 head, quartz locked, 1/4" full track mono recorder. Fully portable, mains or battery powered, runs for hours on 12 size "D" batteries. Line in or mic. Bypassed, manual or automatic limiting. 3 1/4, 7 1/2 or 15ips. Indestructable.

All our stuff gets mastered down to this in glorious mono...

Man, forget about 8-track live recording. I want THAT. :p

That is a great machine!

The Nagra deck reminded me of this. This is what got me started in recording last year. Marantz PMD-430 - arguably the best portable cassette recorder ever made. I LOVE this thing.

marantz_front.jpg

marantz_top.jpg

The Nagra deck reminded me of this. This is what got me started in recording last year. Marantz PMD-430 - arguably the best portable cassette recorder ever made. I LOVE this thing.

Hey man, I've got a mono one of those, a PMD-222. I use it all the time with a BeyerDynamic M58 omni to record all our band rehearsals to C-90 straight off the room. Super lo-fi in that respect.

Like you, I'm real fond of that little piece of kit...

Jed

Back