Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Estimate on my 388!

Thanks

Estimate on my 388!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Well they called about my 388 today and said it would be 200.00
    to rebuild the power supply. So I told them to go ahead and do it. Now im going to have about 550.00 in the recorder providing that there is nothing else wrong with it.
    After checking on ebay i see that they range anywhere from 350. to 750. so I guess that, s not to bad if everything works after they do the power supply.

I hope its worth it.

Thanks
    How was your Deltonics experience Herm?

Thanks

Arrow That's good, Herm.

For -net- $550, be happy you have a great unit at a competitive price. There's nothing wrong with that, deal-wise, 'cept for the annoyance and inconvenience factor.

Cost-wise, you're right in the median price range for the 388.

Thanks
    Everything went well except they have moved since you where there last. They are about 3 blocks south of the address you gave me. They have a loading zone infront of the store now so drop off is no big deal.
    So far so good They got the unit saturday and I got a call today about the estimate and they said it would probably be done this week. All in all it,s been pretty painless so far except the 200 buck,s and the drive back up there to pick it up. That part Im not looking forward to.

Thanks for the tip Billy hopefully everything will work out ok.

Thanks

Arrow That's good Herm, best of luck.

Yeah, drive time is a pain, sometimes, but I feel'ya, because the TEAC America/TASCAM plant is about 1.5 hours south of me,... on a good day, without traffic jams.

It's not like you want to make that trip every day, just for fun!

I also have certain fixer items I'd like to shag down to Tascam, as yet TBA, but worse, Tascam's service labor rate is ~$125! I scope most of my fixer-buying and efforts as DIY, but there's some unavoidable times when actual Tascam service is best. Like with the MD-564, f/i.

[read this subliminal message: 388-collab, 388-collab, 388-collab, 388-collab, 388-collab, 388-collab,...]

Anyway, did you read my previous post, as I pondered aloud the possibilities of cranking up the 388 to 15ips? Oh, yeah, that's another good one that I have to try in the "lab", [ha], maybe soon/TBD. If I could get the 388 to successfully operate at 15ips, I might really have something! [... a reason worthy of buying up every remaining 388 out there!] Haha.

Oh yeah, good luck, hope you're happy with the 388, finally, and Hi-Ho Tascam, here I come!

Thanks
    Did someone say 388 collab?
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Everything went well except they have moved since you where there last. They are about 3 blocks south of the address you gave me. They have a loading zone infront of the store now so drop off is no big deal.."

Herm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yikes, I hope you didn't have to find out they moved the hard way Herm. (Sorry)

Thats awesome that they have a loading zone spot now, that in itself must have been worth the move,

Again-Opps

Thanks

Re: Estimate on my 388!

$550 is a good price for a 388, no doubt. Unless you are gonna sync loads of synths to it you won't need more until the day that you want more tracks, and that day may not come.

I'm happy with my 8-tracks, and quite often, even when I don't sync anything, end up with some extra tracks I don't know what to do with. So I double track the guitars.
    Random Pavarotti Disease Victim.

Thanks
    Seriously though, if Dave's proposing a 388 owner's collab then I wanna sign up.

I can do vocals, guitars and percussion (not drums).
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    Im in on any collab once i get the 388 back and am sure its working ok. And I learn how to turn it on.

I will try and do some drums!

Thread Information