Ebay Darwin Awards

B

Beck

Yeah, there is a point to me posting these things -- hopefully to shame people into thinking before they bid. After all, over bidding doesn't just concern the bidder in question. The desperate bidding methods of these e-fools makes it that much harder for the rest of us to find items on ebay at a reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2570961148&category=23790

This item is available brand-new from Alesis Parts and Musicians Friend for $27.95.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...8021563268/g=home/search/detail/base_id/57825

Go buy it new, for God sakes, and let those of us that are happy with used stuff get it at a used price!

Same goes for people paying more for used “one pass” Ampex tape then they can by new Quantegy, or twice as much for Tascam parts that are still available from Tascam.

STOP THE INSANITY!
:cool:

regebro said:
People are stupid. Get used to it.

Sure, but the whole point of a bbs like this is to help people become less stupid, right?

I sold a book on ebay a couple of weeks ago that you can still go and buy new for about 18.00 . It sold for 51.00 not including the shipping.

I wasnt going to argue with the buyer.

Intelligence is over rated.

Ignorance is bliss.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Analog is better then digital.

Quit while your ahead.

Wanna buy a cheese straightener?

Cheers! :)

Beck said:
Yeah, there is a point to me posting these things -- hopefully to shame people into thinking before they bid. After all, over bidding doesn't just concern the bidder in question. The desperate bidding methods of these e-fools makes it that much harder for the rest of us to find items on ebay at a reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2570961148&category=23790

This item is available brand-new from Alesis Parts and Musicians Friend for $27.95.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...8021563268/g=home/search/detail/base_id/57825

Go buy it new, for God sakes, and let those of us that are happy with used stuff get it at a used price!

Same goes for people paying more for used “one pass” Ampex tape then they can by new Quantegy, or twice as much for Tascam parts that are still available from Tascam.

STOP THE INSANITY!

I often wonder WHY in the hell would people wanna buy something used (on eBay) that can be had for a similar price NEW at your local store ?!?!?! Many times I shake my head in dis-belief when I see buyers do this ... and there are many more examples of this STUPIDITY to be found everyday on eBay! I try to be kind and understanding but all I keep coming up with is how DUMB these folks are! In second place, of the "dumb" award, are the folks who buy something used for $85, when they can have the same thing, new with a warranty for $99! Come on ... Are you telling me that the $14 in savings is worth it ?? No way I say! Personally, if I can't get something for 50% off or more I look elsewhere or if it's a vintage piece of gear ... well ... that's another story ;)

Daniel

Did someone say "cheese straightener"? :eek: Damn, just missed one on ebay for $93. Crap! wouldn't you know it. I was busy biddin on a muffler bearing.:D

Hey Beck, I did a search for "alternating current" on Netscape. You know, because of that "thread from electric hell" The first link said:

FIND "alternating current" at EBAY!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

almost pissed my pants I laughed so hard. Can't ya see it now:

"1 million cajoules of ALTERNATING CURRENT" LIKE NEW!! ONE OWNER! NO DINGS

MINT CONDITION WILL SHIP CHEAP NO LOCAL PICKUPS! GARANTEED NO DOA!!

Hey, sorry bout the electric hassle on that thread. I KNEW what you were trying to say. Some people have to just prove they know more than everyone else. You were cool though. I don't know ANYTHING technical, but I can wire a three phase shop. So, what the fuck.

Anyway, I agree bout the ebay new shit. I think only people who can;t get shit locally buy it like that, which in some respects is cool. But IF you can get it locally....go figure.

fitZ

Alternating current at ebay? That’s shocking! :D

Yeah, speaking of the thread from electric hell, when I see that people don’t want to learn anything I don’t push an issue. I usually drop out of discussions before they go completely gaga.

The fact is though, just between you and me, the NEC is an “advisory code” not federal law. States are free to adopt it or not, and/or supplant sections with their own code as they see fit. For example, the official NEC currently in force in the state of California is 1996 not 2002. And then there’s the whole issue of inspector discretion -- one will allow something and another will not. Even they don’t agree.

So before people start quoting chapter and verse they need to realize how much things vary around the country. The last thing we need on this board is Barney fife with a copy of the NEC in his hand.

bcounter.jpg

And then there’s the whole issue of inspector discretion -- one will allow something and another will not. Even they don’t agree

Hey beck, I agree with YOU. But you know why? They don't know the TRUTH about AC.

Thats why NO ONE answered my last questions.

They only BELIEVE what they were taught. Ever heard of "negative current"

See my links on foreverrains thread in the studio building forum. READ all of it. I'tll blow yer mind. And THEN if you don't think something is happening, read this...

http://www.concentric.net/~Jwwagner/

You want something analog, then read this...

http://www.parascope.com/en/0996/tesla4.htm

THEN.... do a search on Tesla. Read ALL of them. Something IS happeing. Then read this......its a quote from a "Yale university" website

On his seventy-eighth birthday, Tesla described a new “death beam” apparatus that could destroy 10,000 planes from a distance of 250 miles and defeat armies of millions via the transmission of concentrated particle beams. He envisioned using this death beam to create an invisible defensive wall to protect national borders. Tesla stated that this work was based on entirely new principles of physics, but refused to explain any of these theories, insisting that experts would have to trust him.

In 1937, Tesla was hit by a taxi and refused medical treatment, stubbornly maintaining that if he kept moving after the accident, it would prevent his blood from clotting. He never fully recovered from this incident and became increasingly reclusive in his final years, rarely leaving his room in the Hotel New Yorker. Nikola Tesla passed away in his sleep at the age of 86, bequeathing a legacy of innovation that has immeasurably
advanced the progress of humankind. After his death, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Office of Alien Property and the War Department impounded Tesla’s papers on advanced weapons systems, and much of this information has yet to be released.
Ha! the "OFFICE OF ALIEN PROPERTY" anyone ever head of that? Lets move on.

http://www.parascope.com/en/0996/tesla4.htm

You think "Marconi"," Edison" and other icons of society's education are the truth? Read on my friend. Thats only the tip of the "their" iceburg."

Were being lied to. And its being covered up. And that ain't all. Heres one that will scare ya. It did me. I knew it all along. The "elite"/gov.

http://www.theyrule.net/

My wife says I'm gettin wierd. I don't think so. I think I'm beginning to see the truth.
And if not, then 2+2=5.
fitZ

FOUR TAPES FOR THE PRICE OF EIGHT

Oh, ouch,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3062684223

ursa90 just paid $64.00 for four reels of tape that he/she could have bought on-line for $33.00.

Maxell no longer makes reel tape like the above 35-90B, but there is still plenty of stock out there. These tapes go for $7.00 - $10.00 a piece at sites such as http://www.cmedias.com/audio_Folder/maxell_Folder/reel.htm

The lesson for today – sellers on ebay should not be your only source when deciding whether something is “vintage” or “rare.” After all, they’re selling something.

Oh look, here they go again

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064721509

It’s too painful. I must look away now.

:eek:

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
My wife says I'm gettin wierd. I don't think so. I think I'm beginning to see the truth.

Well, it could be a bit of both. Yes, Tesla was a genious, and unfortunately largely forgotten. That des NOT imply that somebody is deliberately trying to make us forget him, and so on.

Yes, there are a small set of very powerful people in the corporate world. They know each other. If you sit in the boards of the biggets companies in the world, of course you will know the other people who sits on these boards.

So, no conspiracy there either.

So, you are starting to see the truth. But you draw werid conclusions.

Re: FOUR TAPES FOR THE PRICE OF EIGHT

Beck said:
It’s too painful. I must look away now.

As you by now are well aware of, I can't stand morons. Hence, I think it's hilarious, and not painful at all. :)

somebody is deliberately trying to make us forget him, and so on.

I'm not the only one who thinks so. Read all the links to Tesla on the net. There is enough circumstantial evidence that it exists to not only convince me, but others in much higher authority than I. Not only is Edison touted in all US school history books as the inventor of OUR current AC system , But Marconi is also touted as the inventor of Radio. Bullshit. The supreme court ruled a few years back that indeed, Tesla was the inventor. So if that isn't a twist of history, I don't know what is, People in the educational field have tried for years in vain to get it changed to no avail. In fact, a third grade teacher here in the US who also came to this conclusion, recently had his class make a bust of Tesla, which they tried to send to the Smithsonian. It was returned. The Smithsonian exhibit of electricity barely mentions Tesla. But greatly expands on the historical significance of Edison. Edison started General Electric, who is the sponser of the exhibit. Edison and General Electric lost the AC/DC war. Tesla won it. The smisthonian refuses to comment on corporate sponsorship and financial support only if thier discretionary demands are met. So you tell me smart guy, This is only the tip, but I won't go on because I don't need to. Live in Lala land if you wish.
By the way, which corporation do you work for.

Yes, there are a small set of very powerful people in the corporate world. They know each other. If you sit in the boards of the biggets

They sit on MANY boards And these same people sit on Congressional commitees. And these boards constantly absorb other corporations. And MAKE LAWS. Or didn't you know both The President and Vice President of the USA were on the board of ENRON. And there is an investigation going on right now into their relationship with not only Enron, but their aledged discussions with the Energy Dept, in regards to regulatory oversight of Enron. Its so fucking blatant it makes me sick, and so do you. So fuck you regebro.

You may think you know it all regebro. I think you know notthing. Well, maybe how to record a fucking song. Big deal.

BTW, haven't you ever heard absolute power corrupts, absolutely?

Tesla was indeed a genius but a very poor businessman. Edison was just a bright tinkerer but a great businessman. In the end the people who made the money get to write the history,.

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I'm well aware that there are lot's of conspiracy theories and conspiracy theorists around. That doesn't mean that they are right.

The fact is, that the human brain is hardwired to think that if something significant happens, it has to have a significant cause, and the more significant the event, the more significant the cuase. But this is wrong. People die for no godd reason. We know that. But we have a hard time accepting that presidents die for no good reason. And so on.

Research on this shows that when handed a (fake) magazine article about a car accident, people who were told that the guy that died in the accident was very important tended to more often claim that it probably was somebody that had fiddeld with the car, and so on.

This hardwiring leads to conspiracy theories. It's wired hard in some, and hardly wired in others. :) You should learn to use logic to overcome this hardwiring.

In this particular case, I am sorry to say that Derek probably has it right. :)

And when it comes to the powerful peopl, then yes, there is people that are very powerful. You may think this is good, or you may think this is bad. But it does NOT imply any conspiracies.

In the end the people who made the money get to write the history,.

They may make history, but not write it. The ones who do write it, are the problem. In the Smithsonian example, it is corporate money. But frankly, I don't give a damn whos money it is. If money buys the right to change history, then I have the right to verbally spit in thier face.

http://www.yale.edu/scimag/Archives/Vol71/tesla.html

As far as conspiracy is concerned, I bet you think the government is telling the truth about 9/11 too don't you. Punch "truss theory" into a search engine. You do know what a truss is don't you. When noted Structural engineers, say the governments explaination for the collapse of the Twin Towers is pure fiction, and back it up with structural analysis, and facts of the governments destruction of evidence, as thier own evidence, then I form a conclusion. Right or wrong. 9/11 is related to this like fleas are to a dog. But I won't go any further with that here. Draw your own conclusions.

And when it comes to the powerful peopl, then yes, there is people that are very powerful. You may think this is good, or you may think this is bad. But it does NOT imply any conspiracies.

Oh yea?
http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2003/12/01/daily44.html

You have a right to think anything you want. Even bury your head in the sand if you wish.. So do I. However, I don't beleive everything I'm fed by the media. Or the government for that matter. If anything, I think they are blatant liars. I think the same thing of corporate CEO's. And if you've been on this planet lately, you may have noticed some of which have recently been indicted for their "conspiracy" crimes. So don't tell me I am having a wierd conclusion when everybody in the damn world sees it constantly. So much for your logic. Mine tells me power breeds corruption as the rule rather than the exception.

After seeing first hand in a courtroom, what the government is not only capable of , but gets away with in a court of law, I personally begin to conclude that there is some sort of fucking "conspiracy" there too . If they can blatantly steal $30,000 from me and then have the audacity, to tell a judge that I don't have the right to question what they do, or how they do it, then something is happening in this country that is beyond comprehension. If it happened to you, I bet you would say it was an accident. I don't. I go for the throat. For your information, I just sent the evidence to support my "conclusion" they are thieves, liars AND conspiritors to a grand jury in California. I belive it is all the proof they need Since my previous courtroom fiasco, I have seen over a hundred accusations, implications and conclusions of the same on the internet. And they all say the same thing. The government is a thief, liar and CONSPIRITOR. That tells me they used logic as many have joined a class action suit to prove it.
I can't give any links to this one. I won't compromise myself or them.
Here is only one example of this "conspiracy" although thousands exist. Not only did they steal $30,000 from me, in March 2003, they judge ORDERED me to sell my home, and from the sale, a lein would be TAKEN from me at the close of excrow to the tune of ANOTHER $30,000. I barely got out of this thieving system. It could only happen by conspiritorial LAW. I now live in Oregon as a result of this thievery.

http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff71856.htm

Think what you will, I don't give a damn. I know what I've witnessed, and that ain't no goddamn theory. It involves government officials in every state in this country that not only conspire to cheat thousands of people, but also conspire to cover it up. I only hope it knocks the government squarely on its proverial ass. HOWEVER, after already witnessing the power they wield like a machete, this may well blow up in my face. If it does, this will ultimatley prove to ME, we haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of fighting the government. But I'll also spit in thier face the day they come for me. Till then, I'll pursue my case.

Your comment that I draw wierd conclusions is your opinion, and you have a right to it. I have a right I draw any conclusions I wish untill they are PROVED wrong. Now, just to rub your nose in it, read this, and lets see if that hole you've got your head in is really your ass instead of sand, cause if this don't tell you something, lord help you. I warn you, its a long but documented example of blatant government constraint of constitutional rights. I conclude it is conspiritorial. You draw your own.

http://www.josephnewman.com/History_-_Patent_Battle.html

Or this one.
http://www.arkenterprises.com/horsethf.htm
or this one
http://www.maxexchange.com/ybj/chapter_1.htm
or this one.
http://www.maxexchange.com/ybj/chapter7.htm

Of course, I know how difficult it is to come to a conclusion when your fucking blind. Maybe when they arrest and put you in jail with out a warrant and hold you without charge for as long as they wish you'll open your eyes. It's already law in Oregon. As to conspiracy, it's already happened to me. AND, it was done by police conspiracy. I proved it and won in court 8 years ago. Only cost me $500 and 2 weeks in jail, but 2 policeman were suspended and the DA's were verbally reprimanded by the judge. I went free. However, for years after that, I was routinely stopped, searched, ticketed without proof, and harrassed to the point of unlawfull search of a home I rented, by officers posing as "Neighborhood enhancement CODE enforcers". Fuck. ALL because I told a policeman who came to my door on a New Years night 8 years ago to "get the fuck out of my home." He came to drop my son off for a curfew violation, and after admonishing me for parental negligence, I told him. As he stepped backwards out the door, I slammed it shut, turned off the porch light and went to bed upstairs.
I was awoke by the sound of voices yelling for me to come to the head of the stairs. Upon walking to the stairs in my underware, two flashlights shined in my face. I was asked if I had any weapons. I responded by pulling my underware down to my ankles and said, " no, unless you consider my dick a weapon". They didn't like my little joke. I was ordered to lay on the floor and put my hands behind my back. I did so. At which time no less than seven officers flew to the top of the stairs and handcuffed me. I was told to get dressed. Ever tried to get dressed when your handcuffed? Since I could not, they decided to pull my pants on me themselves. While doing so, all but two officers left. While dressing me they spoke quietly about what to charge me with, as they had no real reason to be in the house, let alone arrest me. They then CONSPIRED to charge me with RESISTING ARREST. Ha! Little did they realize, my wife and a friend had just come home from visiting her sister, and from the bottom of the stairs, heard everything. They also heard the police say that since they had no reason to arrest me in the first place, once it went to court, all they had to do was NOT show up in court, and charges would be dropped. NOT. I was taken to jail, charged, and sat there for 2 weeks, all because I pissed a cop off. However, I finally bailed out, got an attorney and went to court and won.

Think police conspiracy is just a theory. Try this one. This tells me I had a logical conclusion.

http://pub36.ezboard.com/fcopssuck97857frm2

I rest my conclusions on fact.

To the rest of the members here, I apologize for this irrelevant dialog and rant. Excuse me. It is not the place for this, but I it started as a relavant side note, and escalated into a defence. Lets move on.

fitZ:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I thought you were saveable there in the beginning. But infortunately, you are already a full-blown conspiracist, and everybody that tries to reason with you are branded either as a stupid person who "beleives anything the media feeds him" and stuff like that, or simply a part of the global evil conspiracy.

That way you never have to doubt your own standpoint. Very practical.

Back