Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Darwin Awards

Beck Guest

Ebay Darwin Awards

Sign in to disable this ad
    Yeah, there is a point to me posting these things -- hopefully to shame people into thinking before they bid. After all, over bidding doesn't just concern the bidder in question. The desperate bidding methods of these e-fools makes it that much harder for the rest of us to find items on ebay at a reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=23790

This item is available brand-new from Alesis Parts and Musicians Friend for $27.95.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/.../base_id/57825

Go buy it new, for God sakes, and let those of us that are happy with used stuff get it at a used price!

Same goes for people paying more for used “one pass” Ampex tape then they can by new Quantegy, or twice as much for Tascam parts that are still available from Tascam.

STOP THE INSANITY!

Thanks
    People are stupid. Get used to it.
    Random Pavarotti Disease Victim.

Beck Guest
    Originally posted by regebro
    People are stupid. Get used to it.
    Sure, but the whole point of a bbs like this is to help people become less stupid, right?

Thanks
    I sold a book on ebay a couple of weeks ago that you can still go and buy new for about 18.00 . It sold for 51.00 not including the shipping.

I wasnt going to argue with the buyer.

Thanks
    Intelligence is over rated.

Ignorance is bliss.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Analog is better then digital.

Quit while your ahead.

Wanna buy a cheese straightener?

Cheers!

Thanks

Re: Ebay Darwin Awards

Originally posted by Beck
    Yeah, there is a point to me posting these things -- hopefully to shame people into thinking before they bid. After all, over bidding doesn't just concern the bidder in question. The desperate bidding methods of these e-fools makes it that much harder for the rest of us to find items on ebay at a reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=23790

This item is available brand-new from Alesis Parts and Musicians Friend for $27.95.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/.../base_id/57825

Go buy it new, for God sakes, and let those of us that are happy with used stuff get it at a used price!

Same goes for people paying more for used “one pass” Ampex tape then they can by new Quantegy, or twice as much for Tascam parts that are still available from Tascam.

STOP THE INSANITY!
    I often wonder WHY in the hell would people wanna buy something used (on eBay) that can be had for a similar price NEW at your local store ?!?!?! Many times I shake my head in dis-belief when I see buyers do this ... and there are many more examples of this STUPIDITY to be found everyday on eBay! I try to be kind and understanding but all I keep coming up with is how DUMB these folks are! In second place, of the "dumb" award, are the folks who buy something used for $85, when they can have the same thing, new with a warranty for $99! Come on ... Are you telling me that the $14 in savings is worth it ?? No way I say! Personally, if I can't get something for 50% off or more I look elsewhere or if it's a vintage piece of gear ... well ... that's another story

Daniel

Thanks

I've been needing a cheese straightener...

Thanks
    Did someone say "cheese straightener"? Damn, just missed one on ebay for $93. Crap! wouldn't you know it. I was busy biddin on a muffler bearing.

Hey Beck, I did a search for "alternating current" on Netscape. You know, because of that "thread from electric hell" The first link said:

FIND "alternating current" at EBAY!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

almost pissed my pants I laughed so hard. Can't ya see it now:

"1 million cajoules of ALTERNATING CURRENT" LIKE NEW!! ONE OWNER! NO DINGS

MINT CONDITION WILL SHIP CHEAP NO LOCAL PICKUPS! GARANTEED NO DOA!!

Hey, sorry bout the electric hassle on that thread. I KNEW what you were trying to say. Some people have to just prove they know more than everyone else. You were cool though. I don't know ANYTHING technical, but I can wire a three phase shop. So, what the fuck.

Anyway, I agree bout the ebay new shit. I think only people who can;t get shit locally buy it like that, which in some respects is cool. But IF you can get it locally....go figure.

fitZ
    alright breaks over, back on your heads!

Beck Guest
    Alternating current at ebay? That’s shocking!

Yeah, speaking of the thread from electric hell, when I see that people don’t want to learn anything I don’t push an issue. I usually drop out of discussions before they go completely gaga.

The fact is though, just between you and me, the NEC is an “advisory code” not federal law. States are free to adopt it or not, and/or supplant sections with their own code as they see fit. For example, the official NEC currently in force in the state of California is 1996 not 2002. And then there’s the whole issue of inspector discretion -- one will allow something and another will not. Even they don’t agree.

So before people start quoting chapter and verse they need to realize how much things vary around the country. The last thing we need on this board is Barney fife with a copy of the NEC in his hand.

Thanks
    And then there’s the whole issue of inspector discretion -- one will allow something and another will not. Even they don’t agree
    Hey beck, I agree with YOU. But you know why? They don't know the TRUTH about AC.

Thats why NO ONE answered my last questions.

They only BELIEVE what they were taught. Ever heard of "negative current"

See my links on foreverrains thread in the studio building forum. READ all of it. I'tll blow yer mind. And THEN if you don't think something is happening, read this...

http://www.concentric.net/~Jwwagner/

You want something analog, then read this...

http://www.parascope.com/en/0996/tesla4.htm

THEN.... do a search on Tesla. Read ALL of them. Something IS happeing. Then read this......its a quote from a "Yale university" website

On his seventy-eighth birthday, Tesla described a new “death beam” apparatus that could destroy 10,000 planes from a distance of 250 miles and defeat armies of millions via the transmission of concentrated particle beams. He envisioned using this death beam to create an invisible defensive wall to protect national borders. Tesla stated that this work was based on entirely new principles of physics, but refused to explain any of these theories, insisting that experts would have to trust him.

In 1937, Tesla was hit by a taxi and refused medical treatment, stubbornly maintaining that if he kept moving after the accident, it would prevent his blood from clotting. He never fully recovered from this incident and became increasingly reclusive in his final years, rarely leaving his room in the Hotel New Yorker. Nikola Tesla passed away in his sleep at the age of 86, bequeathing a legacy of innovation that has immeasurably
    advanced the progress of humankind. After his death, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Office of Alien Property and the War Department impounded Tesla’s papers on advanced weapons systems, and much of this information has yet to be released.
    Ha! the "OFFICE OF ALIEN PROPERTY" anyone ever head of that? Lets move on.

http://www.parascope.com/en/0996/tesla4.htm

You think "Marconi"," Edison" and other icons of society's education are the truth? Read on my friend. Thats only the tip of the "their" iceburg."

Were being lied to. And its being covered up. And that ain't all. Heres one that will scare ya. It did me. I knew it all along. The "elite"/gov.

http://www.theyrule.net/

My wife says I'm gettin wierd. I don't think so. I think I'm beginning to see the truth.
    And if not, then 2+2=5.
    fitZ
    alright breaks over, back on your heads!

Thread Information