Does anybody have any Tascam DX-4D units to sell?

You could also look at other dbx units (150, 155, etc) which don't seem to command such higher prices. What are you using it with, as the DX-4D's only work with certain Tascam machines unless you do a very simple modification to them.

Type I dbx is Type I dbx, so dbx 150/150X/155/158 etc will all work, although the DX-4D's go with teh 30 series recorders, and look nice with them. Nice thing about the Tascam units is you don't have to switch between encode and decode, they have four channels of each, so there is that added convenience factor. (Some of the dbx models also a simul enc/dec) (You might also get some opinions regarding 150 vs 150x which is half rack two channel, so you can put two 150x's together for four channels in one rack space.)

As you need 8 channels though you're probably going to wind up around the same price range although I've seen the two channel 150s go pretty cheaply. Occasionally you see dual racked 155's (8 channels), but I think they are somewhat older than the DX-4D's so you might have issues with electrolytic capacitors.

Back