Demagnetizer up for grabs

Talldog

Pain in the ass
Just got a new one for next to nothing. I have a Teac E-3 demagger that I will send to whoever needs one. Please let's limit this to whoever doesn't have a demagger. If you've just started analog recording you MUST have a demagger. I think Sweetbeats posted a great video on how to do it.

Just got a new one for next to nothing. I have a Teac E-3 demagger that I will send to whoever needs one. Please let's limit this to whoever doesn't have a demagger. If you've just started analog recording you MUST have a demagger. I think Sweetbeats posted a great video on how to do it.

Did I??

Huh!

Cool!

demagnatizer necessary for analog?

I heard said in the origional post that a demagnetizer is necessary. Is this true even for little casette 4-tracks or are you talking about big reel machines?

I've used my little Tascam 424 since I got it back in 1994. I clean the tape heads using a cassette cleaner but that's about the only maintenance I have ever done to it. Granted it doesn't get much use any more, and it's possible I just don't notice because of the gradual change this magnetizing may cause. I really don't know anything about maintaining it, magnetizing, or any of that, and just take care of it the same way I would my old boom box. I realize I am clueless but can someone cue me in on if I need one of these for a little tape 4 tracks? Are they expensive?

if your happy with the way it sounds don't bother. If you already got reel to reel machines or plan on getting one then you might as well get one.

I spent a couple of years on 4 track portastudio as well without a magnetizer and when i eventually got one I couldn't tell a difference.

But my 1/4inch reel to reel deck, the previous owner never demagged it and the deck didn't sound too good. The hiss would fluctuate and not be constant but when I demagged it it disappeared and sounded much better.

Back