Debating on selling my Tascam 388 and I'm torn...

One of my epiphanies about letting things sit around too long is "horizontal surfaces". The more horizontal surfaces you have, the more space you have to set things down. Once you set them down, they are there to stay. Minimize the horizontal surfaces and you'll minimize the non-necessities. If only I could practice what I preach.
:rolleyes:

This has probably meandered off topic, but the therapy is doing me some good. :)

Not off topic at all! And the horizontal surfaces thing is so true it's not even funny. In fact I just thought of it today when I was telling my daughter to take all her crap off the dining room table, while explaining to her that just because it's a place to put stuff, doesn't make it a storage place. My ex wife was the epitome of that. Couldn't sit in the chair, couldn't eat dinner at the table...

The clutter definitely copies itself to the mind for sure. I'm finding the less stuff I have to look at, the better I feel. One day I sat and dumped out a huge container of random screws and bolts and stuff and literally separated them all up into common groups (it was a lot) and sorted them in little parts organizers. I can't tell you how much better that made me feel once I needed a certain screw and knew exactly where I put it. I usually don't have the patience for that kind of thing. But, if I can patiently sort out screws, I could probably spend some more time with the gear I have and see if it inspires me before moving it along.

If I read you correctly, the current market value is such that you'd operationally pretty much give it away. You said that you don't have to sell it, and you don't need the money. It worked fine the last time you operated it, and it is likely to continue to work if you fired it up again (though it might not hurt to fire it up for an hour or so to "shake out the cobwebs" in it). My dad had a wise saying that he often passed to me if I was deciding whether to part with a given piece of equipment: "Son, you know it doesn't eat anything, so there is no hurry."

I really like that quote...

But actually no, I actually meant the complete opposite with the market value. I probably said the market is 'stupid' or something like that, but what I meant was, these things are selling for stupid money. Like, 2k+... People are actually buying them at that price point. It's becoming somewhat of a cultural / hipster thing with that specific machine. No, I don't need the money like I am one check away from homeless or anything, but I know that putting back some of the play money I've foolishly spent in the last couple of years wouldn't hurt either. And it would give me a slight worry-free cushion. On the other hand, I have a steady paycheck (it ain't that great but it's doable) so I really just have to be a bit more careful. I tend to worry if I go below my threshold and start thinking of ways to make a quick profit... but I've also gone many, many years without having to dump the gear I treasure due to a financial constraint, so.. I'm fortunate in that regard.

We are migrating to a mode where we want to be more minimalist. Right now, we have a 3000 sqft house and when I retire in 5 or 6 years, we are going to move to a 45ft boat and/or a 2 bedroom beach condo. :

Sounds nice...though in my case, I've gone in the opposite direction and expanded the size of my house substantially, and have no plans to downsize and/or move into something smaller when I get older like most seniors do. I don't think I could handle a condo or apartment situation...been living too long in a house with decent space and privacy. Yeah...it's more work keeping up a larger place, but I don't mind that tradeoff for the extra space and privacy.
One thing I am doing is reconfiguring some of my rooms, and losing a couple of bedrooms in favor of other uses...I don't need 5 bedrooms.

I really like that quote...

I probably said the market is 'stupid' or something like that, but what I meant was, these things are selling for stupid money. Like, 2k+... People are actually buying them at that price point. It's becoming somewhat of a cultural / hipster thing with that specific machine.

Not meaning this as any putdown...but I don't get the attraction to those machines for that price. They can be temperamental, it's a short reel size...and I don't like the idea of having the deck and mixer tied into one unit.
I know the hipsters who are playing with tape, really like the whole portastudio cassette thing...so I guess the 388 is like a larger version of that.
I just feel that if you're going to drop $2k (or more) for something like that...you're already close to a serious 2" machine...but, I also get the feeling that the hipsters don't want to get into anything too serious that requires the whole calibration and maintenance scenario...and the 388 feels more like a complete package to them that they don't need to mess with.

yeah, theres a lot of psychology in these posts...not really a "gear upgrade toss the old out?" question.

keeping the thing,vibe going is discussed in articles like McCartney , playing with other musicians keep it fresh, do new things, branch out into genres from pop, rock, to classical, to psychedelia....if you can go on global tours and make several million a week too might help refresh the hobby..

if the Thrill is Gone, it might not come back too. I guess at that time selling off the toys and putting it all into some nice headphones and a DAC amp and getting a sleep-recliner..might be the endgame? Trade it all in for Fishing poles? Make toothpick birdhouses with elmers glue? whatever is enjoyable....go with the vibe. You can always by it back (Ive bought the same gear back dozens of times..at higher prices even)

I dont think forcing something always works but sometimes If I force myself to plug in and tune out, it can be a fun escape into the porta-studio trip even if theres no band anymore to play the new songs or the Billboard dream of Teen Beatoff Magazine is gone, or reality the tune will never be played anywhere...the fun of creating the art is still left for now...if it leaves it will be time to sell all my gear!!!! and spend my $304.32 on something big! I get it though, the why?wtf am I doing?.. many times Im in Guitar Center during a work hours 8-5, and the only people in the store are old white haired baby boomers wondering around lost, like they are trying to find something of their youth or its a neurotic habit...like a geriatrics age has set into the rock world!:eek:

These days I feel Ive become one of the hoards of gear reviewers who spend all their time reviewing gear comparing to other gear and never really using any of it. I dont even own a store to sell it, so not sure what the purpose is other than I lose money. I enjoy it until its over then a new piece is required to seek the Holy Grail of Gear?

The future....my moms 85+ and shes thinking about quitting painting, she has always drawn, painted stuff, acrylics, watercolors, sketch, ,,,, the fun is still there, once you get into that world I think. She doesnt paint much anymore. Maybe one month per year.

psychology of selling and buying gear? the thread started sounding about being depressed in the basement more than a need to sell the gear for cash to buy something else.

Ive never had a urge to go back and buy a TASCAM 144 though.... I still seek that "magic" channel strip for $250 that makes everything that goes through it sound like EMI 1966.

I just feel that if you're going to drop $2k (or more) for something like that...you're already close to a serious 2" machine...but, I also get the feeling that the hipsters don't want to get into anything too serious that requires the whole calibration and maintenance scenario...and the 388 feels more like a complete package to them that they don't need to mess with.

Well, I don't know how close you actually are to a serious 2" machine at $2K. You may be able to get a deal and snag a recorder for a little more than that, but assuming it'd be in ready-to-record condition is a long shot at that price, I'd say. It'll very likely need work and/or maintenance. But really that's just the beginning.

You also of course need a mixer that can handle a 24 track recorder. So that's likely to be $500 or more, depending on what you're looking at. (You can probably find a Mackie 24 for a little less than that if you happen to be local.) At then there are the potential maintenance issues with that. And, of course, that price is definitely not for a "serious" 24 channel mixer in line with the "serious" 2" machine. That's for pretty much run-of-the-mill 24-channel mixers like the Mackie 24-8 that don't have any desirable "mojo," as it were.

And then, of course, there's the cost of tape, which is significantly more than 1/4" tape---and crazy if you buy brand new.

So I think, as you mentioned, a lot of people are attracted to the machine because, if you are able to find one that's been well-cared for and fully functional, it's a nice, economical (relatively speaking) introduction to tape for those who don't want to get knee-deep in all the periphery of ATRs. Plus, 8 tracks fits the more minimalist production aesthetic that most hipsters subscribe to more closely than 24 tracks does.

Of course, it was way more economical 20 years ago before the retro nostalgia wave hit!

IMO recording is really for 3 different primary functions for most people:

1- Making a record to release it.

2- Simply doing it, enjoying it, and getting something out of it.

3- Making a living at it.

Now let me unpack these points:

1- This is probably where most of us on this forum trip up. You wanna make a record, and release it, and maybe even become a famous rock star (or at least a respected music person). Maybe you’ve tried, and you weren’t satisfied. Maybe you were satisfied, but it didn’t go anywhere. Maybe both. Maybe now you’re getting older, and still hanging on to that dream. Maybe this creates a standstill where you can go through the motions to continue to make recordings - in hope that the “someday” success or your big break might still come … but after a certain point, this becomes less and less likely. And you know this but it's tough to confront head-on and deal with.

2- … this bring us to the second point: Do you simply enjoy the recording process itself? If a machine is sitting around for more than a year, this would indicate either: No, or Yes but not with that piece of gear.

3- If you’re making a living at it, does this particular piece of gear help you make $$$ in your studio? Assuming no, and not likely if a piece of gear is sitting around unused for 1+ years.

Me? I don’t actually ENJOY making recordings simply as an activity. It’s always filled with some internal strife in realizing the music. When it’s all coming together - it’s like a high for sure. But there is a lot of stress & strain between those points. So when I’m thinking to myself, “hey it would be cool to record music right now!”, that comes with some hesitation … what for? What am I working toward? If it’s just “fun”, it’s not usually fun for me. I can play my guitar, write a song, do something with music that is more relaxing for me. I could see how a piece of gear comes to represent some of these things, and then puts you in a place where you might not be so inclined to deal with all of that.

Watch a few random episodes of Hoarders - really, not kidding. You’ll see an exaggerated version of this thing that I think is inside most people. And you’ll note the parts of yourself that harbor an small hoarder deep inside.

But as Grim Traveler noted - you really need to look within yourself and figure out what’s going on. The gear really doesn’t matter. Sell it all. Then in the clarify of having nothing, you’ll realize what you actually want - and you’ll have the money to buy it. A Tascam 388 is not some super rare mythical creature … you can grab one if you want one and have the cash. Biggest issue with a 388 is making sure you have a tech available if you’re not one.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know how close you actually are to a serious 2" machine at $2K.

I paid like $2200 for my Otari MX80, with a lot of extras that came with it. OK, it was several years ago, but if you look hard enough, you can still find something like that even today...with maybe another few hundred added on top.
Yes...you're going to have to wait and look, and wait and look...because there's just not as many being sold these days...but neither are the 388 decks.
I actually saw one listed for $3k with like 30 people watching...no one buying...but really, $3k is WAY overpriced for that.

It keeps coming back to the same thing...what are your gear/recording goals for the future?
Sometimes it's hard to see that extra $1-2k going toward something more expensive...and I've been there...looking to s-t-r-e-t-c-h my $-$-$...and you know what...80% of the time, it was money wasted in the long run, because I ended up realizing that I didn't get what I should have.

Keep in mind that if a more serious machine in good shape costs $3k...even $4k now...if you plan on upgrading down the road from that "introductory" machine...
...how much do you think that serious machine will cost in several more years, when they are even harder to find...?
The other thing...it's probably harder to repair most consumer/pro-sumer tape decks...but stuff that is more high-end generally has a better chance of getting fixed, and also...a more serious deck is going to be a workhorse for a lot longer.

So...what are your gear/recording goals for the future? :) ;)

Well, I don't know how close you actually are to a serious 2" machine at $2K.

Here you go...something like this will be a serious upgrade from a 388...and it's selling for $2.5k:

Otari MX-70 Professional Tape Recorder (1989) reel to reel recorder NICE | eBay

I've looked at that listing a few times...and considering it's not super far from me, it would be a great buy, IMO, and easy pickup...but I just don't see any point when I already have the 2" 24-track MX80. A 1" 16 is like a 2" 32...so my MX80 is a bit better due to the wider track width.

...you really need to look within yourself and figure out what’s going on.

Biggest issue with a 388 is making sure you have a tech available if you’re not one.

Yes...I've been saying it all along...people need to think about their goals for the future..?
If you can have some clarity with that question...then it's much easier to decide what to get and what to get rid of.

Oh...and yes...that was my point about the 388...they are temperamental...and I would venture to guess that most of the "hipster" guys who think these are the cat's meow...are clueless about technical stuff, especially maintenance and repair. I'm not even sure if parts are readily available, and you might want a second parts deck if this is going to be your main recorder for the future.

I did that with my old Fostex G-16...picked up a second used but working deck...it had more mileage than mine, but it was meant to be just an emergency parts deck.
When I sold the G-16...I sold both decks as a package (for a great price).
The funny thing...the guy that bought them was super excited because he wanted to experience analog tape recording...etc.
About 2-3 weeks later, I see my old G-16 up for sale on eBay...but now the seller was selling them separately...I didn't care, whatever...but I did message him to ask WTF happened...and he said it was way to technical for him to deal with. :D

I admit...the G-16 along with the added synchronizer card...was not a simple "press REC" kind of deck if you wanted to get the most out of it, and especially with the synchronizer module...so lots of functions-n-buttons. Of course, you certainly could avoid most of that...but then, why get a deck like that...which is what I think happened to the guy who bought mine. He just wanted something with 5 buttons and a couple of meters on it. ;)

Last edited:
Here you go...something like this will be a serious upgrade from a 388...and it's selling for $2.5k:

Otari MX-70 Professional Tape Recorder (1989) reel to reel recorder NICE | eBay

Yes that would surely be an upgrade for sure, but, again. You'd still need:
1) A mixer
2) More expensive tape

And, again, this listing doesn't specify that this unit is fully functional. It doesn't mention anything about functionality at all, actually. All it says is that it's in 'very good condition." I don't know about you, but that doesn't mean much to me at all at this point when it comes to ATRs. A lot of people selling these things simply turn it on and, if they see lights, they say it "works great!"

I'm not implying that you would, but I certainly wouldn't get in my car to go pick that thing up without extensive talks with the seller and video demonstrating full functionality. Not for something I'm going to drop $2,500 on.

I certainly wouldn't pay $2000 for a 388 (unless money were no option and I really wanted one), but that's the way supply and demand works. Back in the 90s and early 2000s, you could probably get one for $300. You could also probably pick up a Silvertone 1484 or 1485 amp and cabinet for $100 or something, if not for free. I mean they were Sears brands, right?

But then Jack White came along and used Silvertones, and all of the sudden, they're "legitimate" amps, fetching the same as vintage Fenders sometimes. The Black Keys (and a few others) used the 388, and all of the sudden it became associated with "that sound."

The funny thing to me is that, the quality of the 388 is really quite adequate, IMHO. By that I simply mean that its quality---assuming good recording practices, etc.---is not going to get in the way of the song to me. If the song/performances/source sounds/engineering practices/etc. are good, then I think you could record hits on it all day long.

Take this song, for example:

SISTERS - Back 2 U [388 Sessions] - YouTube

Now, this song doesn't shake my world or anything, but I think it's a pretty cool tune, and it's performed well. The recording doesn't sound "shitty" or anything to me. If someone told me they recorded it on a DAW, I'd believe them in a second. I wouldn't even describe it as "lo-fi." In fact, it sounds a lot "higher quality" than many of the recordings I hear in mp3 clinic here that were recorded on DAWs. This is my point: that if you use pro engineers, pro mics, pro instruments, and have great performances, etc., then I think the 388 would do a fine job capturing the music more than adequately enough to showcase the song.

That's just my opinion, of course.

Anyway, I don't want to get too far away from the OP's original question. I think, as has been pointed out, you need to really get to the heart of why you're not really recording anymore.

I don't think I'll ever sell my 388---as long as it's working---because working with the machine itself gives me joy. I did go through something similar to your scenario though a while back.

I had a Tascam 246 that I loved. It was especially awesome to see it next to the 388, because they looked like brothers. However, when I accidentally saw a 246 listed for $1K a few years ago, I thought the seller was smoking crack. After doing a "Sold items" search and confirming that they were actually going for that, I decided---after much debating---that I couldn't pass that up. I'd bought my 246 for $200 and actually got a $100 refund because it wasn't working when I got it.

And this goes along with why I don't trust anyone who just says "in great shape" when it comes to ATRs. This 246 was described as "fully functional! Everything tested!" When I got it, I couldn't even get a tape in to start testing it because the belt had turned to tar, basically, and it wasn't even on the pulley. Anyway, I digress.

The point is that I had to think about what was really important to me. I knew I wanted a cassette 4-track, because I love having them for certain songs, but I also knew I could sell the 246 and replace it with another model and still have tons of money to buy other things I wanted. So that's what I did. I ended up with a Tascam Porta Two HS, which is perfectly fine for my needs (still has the cool vintage VU meters, too, which I love), and I also got a bunch of other stuff that I wanted. :)

Yes that would surely be an upgrade for sure, but, again. You'd still need:
1) A mixer
2) More expensive tape

Well...it's not like you're comparing apples to apples here....deck for deck. mixer for mixer.
Sure you would need a mixer of similar quality/grade, and yes, it uses 1" tape for 16 tracks instead of 1/4" tape for 8...but you end up with a much more impressive, better format setup. It's not like it's only about comparing cost and everything else is equal...that's just it, a MX70 for $2.5k vs. a 388 for $2k (I've even seen them listed at $3k)...is to me a no-brainer which way I would go for the extra money.

AFA condition and functionality...would you rather bet a similar amount of money on a 30-35 year-old consumer grade deck or something that was built for more pro/commercial use...?

This guy is asking $2k...and he's already putting up a disclaimer that the machine may need work and is only good for parts:
Vintage Tascam 388 Studio 8 Multi-Track Recorder | eBay

This guy is asking $3k...and doesn't even mention the condition.
Vintage Tascam 388 Studio 8 Reel to Reel Multitrack Recorder & Mixer | eBay

My point being...we are talking about 30-35 year-old machinery...so really, would a very descriptive listing claiming how the machine is flawless...give you that much greater warm-n-fuzzy feeling...? :)
With all these...it's a dice roll...AND, you need to be prepared for some initial maintenance. Most of these guys are clueless of the condition...they just say "works great"...it's not like you've buying something from a pro studio where there is a tech that can really give you a scoop.
So...with that in mind, I would rather refurbish a pro deck, than some that may not even be refurbish-able...or that when it breaks down, it's pretty much as door stop.

Anyway, I don't want to get too far away from the OP's original question. I think, as has been pointed out, you need to really get to the heart of why you're not really recording anymore.

Well I kinda figured the OP has gotten the same comments about 10 times now...and there wasn't much more to add...he needs to dig a bit deeper and evaluate his reasons.
So...it seemed like the thread was already moving on to side-discussions.

When I had my Fostex G-16...I felt the same way as you...that I would never sell it as long as it was working...because it truly was a joy, considering it had pro-level synchronization options, which made it very DAW-friendly, and I was already locking it to my DAW and working with it and having fun...but...BUT...it just didn't have the large-format sound quality...and that goes pretty much for EVERY small-format deck, including the 388 or anything that is trying to cramp 8 or 16 tracks on some miniscule tape width.

It's simple really...there just isn't enough tape/oxide per track to capture the fullest frequency response...AND...you can't really change the tone/flavor by hitting these small format decks real hard and all that. People that do that, think they are getting tape compression/saturation...but it's mostly the deck's preamp electronics that are being overdriven, and that's what you hear...and the low end...well, there is no real low end with these small format machines, or that much high-end. Plus, most of them NEED some type of NR, because the S/N is poor, and also they have no higher tape speeds to help.

All that said...and again, I had a small format machine, and I loved that G16 quite a lot, and held on to it for 5 years after I moved to my 2"...but in the end, it just didn't stand up to the 2".
Of course...and now we get back to the heart of the matter for the OP...it's all about your intent and your future goals...so you don't need a 2" large format deck if you don't need a 2" large format deck...but if you're going to consider where to best put your money, and there's a bigger picture you're looking at...then just go for the more robust gear, if for no other reason, but lasting fun use. ;)

The funny thing is...there are a couple of name musicians who have used the 388 (just like some who have used a cassette portastudio)...and people immediately assume it was all about those machines...when most of those name artists have all kinds of support gear and post-production, which is in addition to using those machines...not to mention, they're already pretty skilled at both performance and production.
So some guy in his basement runs out and drops $3k on one of those machines...thinking he's going to achieve the same end product. :D

Last edited:
The funny thing is...there are a couple of name musicians who have used the 388 (just like some who have used a cassette portastudio)...and people immediately assume it was all about those machines...when most of those name artists have all kinds of support gear and post-production, which is in addition to using those machines...not to mention, they're already pretty skilled at both performance and production.
So some guy in his basement runs out and drops $3k on one of those machines...thinking he's going to achieve the same end product. :D

Never about the machine :cool:

Prices for 388's here in Australia have jumped a lot as well last couple of years but if you have $2k you'll be able to get a good example of one as they do come up now and then.

If the OP is not using their 388 and it's in good nick then they should sell it, these things are sought after and will get used and looked after given the cost to buy one these days.

I'd take an all in one 8 track reel to reel for $2k vs buying a $2.5k 2" machine the size of a washing machine and costs over $500 an hour in tape alone, not to mention the power consumption and then also having to get a large format mixer.

90% of people are recording in their bedroom and the only other hardware in their 'studio' is a computer. This is why the 388 (and some cassette portastudios) are going for almost the same money as a 2" tape machine.

I'd take an all in one 8 track reel to reel for $2k vs buying a $2.5k 2" machine the size of a washing machine and costs over $500 an hour in tape alone, not to mention the power consumption and then also having to get a large format mixer.

90% of people are recording in their bedroom and the only other hardware in their 'studio' is a computer. This is why the 388 (and some cassette portastudios) are going for almost the same money as a 2" tape machine.

Those are other considerations...but not everything with audio recording decisions comes down to just size of machines or cost of tape.
Like I said...it starts with your intent and your big picture plans....so if you are after a certain level of involvement and audio quality, the size and cost become part of that big picture. IOW...you get what you pay for.
You can't just reduce everything down to the simpler considerations, make all you decisions from them... and still have all available expectations.

My underlying point was/is that if your future plans go beyond the occasional hobby fun....buy smart now, for the future as much as your budget allows.

Geez. There’s something addictive about vintage Tascam gear. To me anyway.
Now this thread and seeing that video has got me wanting one :)

Not that I’m unhappy with my 16 track, not that I need one. Just that I never had one. I’ve had most other Tascam offerings, but not one of those. Lol:)

I had a buddy that played in the Lita Ford band and we’re there when she went into GC to buy one. I always drooled over one but it was out of my reach. But she just went in, wrote a check, and that was that.

We just thought our time will come ;)

I was hoping that he’d get one after a while, cause Id always end up buying his ‘hand me down’ gear. But nah, he ended up getting an Akai 12 track when they came out. I never ended up with that.

Anyway thanks for taking me down memory lane. :)

Ps. I won’t be buying one.... don’t worry.
I’m smart enough to separate reality from romantic fantasies.

I won’t be getting a Commodore 64 with an ancient Cubase version on it either.

Ps. I won’t be buying one.... don’t worry.
I’m smart enough to separate reality from romantic fantasies.

I won’t be getting a Commodore 64 with an ancient Cubase version on it either.

:laughings:

Yeah...for sure.
I have fond memories of my old 4-track, and those "fun" days of early recording...but I would never go back to that.
Back then, I didn't know...what I didn't know.

Now...I'm starting to forget a lot of the stuff I use to know! :p

Do you have a Neumann? You could probably get a decent one with what people will pay for a 388 these days. :D

Do you have a Neumann? You could probably get a decent one with what people will pay for a 388 these days. :D

Never jumped on the 87 craze...even have a studio buddy who is shutting down/selling off trying to get me to take his 87 for a decent price, but I'm not interested.

Now...if you're talking about some of their classic tube mics...that's another story, but then for the price of one of them, you could buy a 2" tape deck AND a decent 24 channel console! :D

If you don't need the $$$, don't sell...If you need the dough, sell...

I STILL regret selling my ENSONIQ VFX-SD...This item is NOTreplaceable. If you sell it & want to buy another one obviously used, you know zero about it's history

Ask yourself, If I sell it what is that $$$ going towards? If you are just gonna bank it, pass. If you gotta eat & pay rent, sell it

1- This is probably where most of us on this forum trip up. You wanna make a record, and release it, and maybe even become a famous rock star (or at least a respected music person). Maybe you’ve tried, and you weren’t satisfied. Maybe you were satisfied, but it didn’t go anywhere. Maybe both. Maybe now you’re getting older, and still hanging on to that dream. Maybe this creates a standstill where you can go through the motions to continue to make recordings - in hope that the “someday” success or your big break might still come … but after a certain point, this becomes less and less likely. And you know this but it's tough to confront head-on and deal with.

Ouch........Great post

Last edited:
I just want to test the waters... if you guys who have had or currently have a Tascam 388 and you simply don't use it much (in my case it hasn't been used in at least a year, probably 2), would you be comfortable selling it to make some money or do you think you'd instantly regret it?

I'm not necessarily in a financial bind, and definitely not in dire straits at the moment but I do have stuff I'm just not using and I feel like it's getting wasted sitting unused, and freeing up a chunk of change right now wouldn't be a bad idea the way things are going.

The downside to it, is knowing as soon as I let it go I'm going to wish I didn't. Maybe. I let go of a Tascam 38 for almost nothing because I was just done dealing with its problems and that I do not regret. It never worked the way I wanted it to. The 388 on the other hand works great (last time I fired it up) and I paid next to nothing for it when I got it 10 years ago.

Maybe I'm just having a mid-life crisis and shifted gears a little. I don't know. What do you guys think? I don't have to sell, so I don't have to let it go cheap , and the market value on these is stupid right now.

Unless there's something you want to buy for your studio that you can use the money for, I'd keep it, never know when you may want to pull out some work from previous years and remix them on your DAW.

Back