this IS cool item

That is cool. I've seen an Otari and Technics with interchangable heads but never a Pioneer. They look nice. :)

Anyone wanna guess how much this will go for ?? I say over $1000 (certain) with $1500 (likely) and $2000 (unlikely but possible). My final guess is $1500 USD.

~Daniel

cjacek said:
Anyone wanna guess how much this will go for ?? I say over $1000 (certain) with $1500 (likely) and $2000 (unlikely but possible). My final guess is $1500 USD.

you never know nowdays .. it'll be fun to watch thou :)

One thing is for sure, as I can see things... ... things used to be made with pleasure and for pleasure. I am not really talking retro here , ...really. I am talking about the way things used to be ... ohhhhh, or would this mean the same - retro that is? hmmmmmmmmm ... now i'm thinking .... still thinking ... and still thinking ;)

and if anybody get this machine, then to complete the picture it would need one of those white Pioneer SE-50 headphones ... black box - red interior , beautiful! :D :D :D

the seller did a good job on photo-gallery, btw :)

There's no way I'd pay more than a couple hundred dollars for such a thing, personally.

RCA connections? No thanks.

Only 15 & 7 1/2 ips? No thanks.

Minor head wear? No thanks, I'd want a lab report instead of an eye-ball guess.

Seems like a semi-pro consumer level format machine of its time.

What about replacement parts in the future?

Even if it were in great shape what's the allure? 2 track to 4 track swappable heads? Even still that doesn't justify the current bid of $810 (again my opinion).

There's more than just "plug in and go" regarding swapping heads, btw.

It's a bold machine during its time but I don't believe it's practical in the long run.

Just an opinion,
-- Adam Lazlo

Back