Connecting outboard equipment to focusrite 2i2

Michael Kantor

Hi,
Is there a way to connect outboard equipment so i could use it for post recording, and not for pre recording to a focusrite 2i2?

Or maybe I need to buy a mixer in order to have send and return i/o?

I would love for an explanation about how post recording through outboard equipment work.

I use a focusrite 2i2 to my laptop and I want to buy a roland space echo re-201 and use it as after the recording and not before.

With only two outputs you can't unless you give up one or both channels of your monitors. If the headphone output is separately accessible by the software then it's sort of possible, but very limiting. The way to use outboard gear with a DAW is to have more outputs to feed the gear without giving up your monitor outputs.

With only two outputs you can't unless you give up one or both channels of your monitors. If the headphone output is separately accessible by the software then it's sort of possible, but very limiting. The way to use outboard gear with a DAW is to have more outputs to feed the gear without giving up your monitor outputs.

I agree, but my US800 drivers allow me to access my headphones as an output. The drivers allow me to access six inputs plus two digital (which I use an a/d converter for) and two line out, headphones, and digital (which I use a D/A converter for). Like BSG said, it’s a little limiting, but it works.

Look at your driver and see if you can configure it.

Back