Confessions of a M312b owner.

I think I need a drink!!

Can a song actually be cursed! (I shouldn't even say that with my luck, but it's getting to where everytime I try to do anything with it something goes wrong!)

In short (And I mean "Short" LOL) my sequencer seems to have given up the Ghost!
(I don't know how and I don't know why, but it just won't come on!)

GRRR! So what to do?
I have no choice except to just lop off the "Master" version I have and send it out (All 1:55 of it! LOL), or it may never get done!
(It can still be a cool song right?..... Right?! LOL)

Sorry Guys
:(

P.S. "I'll be on my closet floor in a fetal position with a bottle of scotch crying the lyrics to 'Somewhere over the rainbow' if anyone needs me."

Sorry to hear about your sequencer dying on you.:(

Did you try plugging it into a different outlet to see if it is just a bad spot on the power bar or, widening the spades of the plug to make better contact in the outlet?

Otherwise, enjoy the bottle of Scotch and Happy halloween buddy!:)

Cheers! :)

Thanks Ghost.

I still need a drink, BUT I found the problem (Thank God!)
What happened was I gashed the cord with the folding table hinge just enough to kill the power, but thank goodness not enough to start a fire!
(One time many many moons ago while under the influence of a certain potent green substance I needed a power cord for something and decided to use the one off of this little practice amp I had found, so I cut it off with a razor knife.... But I forgot to unplug it first! LOL)

Full steam ahead damnit!!!
:)

I am glad to read that you got the problem solved with the power on your sequencer!

I never even thought about the possibility that you pinched the wire but, then again, how the hell could I have envisioned that!?:confused:

Either way, I am looking forward to peeling some paint off the walls, doing the vocals to this one!:cool:

Keep us abreast of the progress!

It'll ship out on Tuesday (Of THIS week LOL)

I had to kind of go with a variation on the arrangment.
(I didn't want to, but when I heard what was cooking with all those stops, it just didn't have the same impact.)

So it'll ship as: Two identical versions (one after the other) with a decent space in between... Each have a leader of my open E string so anyone can tune to it if they want to, a mono scratch reference drum track, a mono click track, my simple lead line,
2 scratch refernce guitar tracks, a scratch midi reference bass track, and 1 scratch reference vocal track.

The arrangment:
1. Intro: D A! DA! - 8 bars of verse riff - D A! D~

2.Transistion: Cymbal wash and quick cut.

3. Verse: Breaks down to bass drum and single string 1/8 guitar under vocals- Band comes back in with D A! D A!... Verse lyrics

4. Change: "There's no need to worry.. She aint in a hurry...."

5. Transistion: "La la la la la la"

6. Second verse "He's making the big loot..."

7. Second Change: "Are you hurt don't worry.."

8. Transistion: "And all the parents say!"

9. Chrous "Hollywood Hollywood..."

10. Transistion: Solo Guitar (With band) 'Imatates' "La la la la la" on A note.

11. Verse riff (For *Guitar solo)

12. 3rd Change (Variation on secong change lyrics) " Are you hurt don't worry, call a doctor hurry she says " I don't need a doctor, I just NEED SOME LOVE!"

13. Transistion Cut: "Now everybody say!"

14. Chrous: "Hollywood Hollywood..."

15 Doubletime Chrous outro

* So it can either be a guitar solo OR a single 3rd verse lyrically summing up the other two storylines... I don't know which is better, but I felt this was the most natural arrangement, so I went with it.

Ghost, I have to make sure about Doug playing his ass off on this (Not that it's hard...Really) because he'll have Rhythm Guitar AND Lead Solo Guitar... (And back up vocals??)

I'll just be playing the LEAD LINE and the OUTRO LICK which is really the best for the tune because A: I don't know how to record the acoustic rhythm (Of course it can be electric rhythm) and I can't play solos.
I just feel weird having never communicated with Doug, but am like banking on him playing you know?

(Dear Doug, I suck, so please please please play. Thank You)

How's that? LOL

I'll ask Doug if he wants to get in on this the next time I talk or write to him. He lives out of town so it's a 50 mile drive for him to come over to my place.

Doh!

Undoubtedly the next part of the curse. LOL

Well I'm in no hurry (Except to get it in the mail and on it's way), so if he's interested, then maybe if you guys can squeeze it in the next time you jam I guess... I'll re-record the Ryth. guitars the best I can for what it's worth.

I don't know

:(

The "Curse" remains same!

My friend (Cus they can do it easily from work) TRIED to ship the tape out Tuesday as planned and it got pulled out of shipping and they got a "Talking" to about trying to ship personal stuff!!
(I, as have many people shipped stuff through there a million times!)

I can't get over to the post office till Saturday morning.... I don't even know where the post office is around here!

I'm telling you boys, IT'S CURSED!
:O

Any of these in your area?

Postal Services

Hyde Park Post Office
4601 South Cottage Grove Avenue
924-9221

Jackson Park Post Office
700 East 61st Street
493-3124

Lake Park Station Post Office
1526 East 55th Street
(in Co-op Market)
324-0363

Mail Boxes, Etc.
1507 East 53rd Street
288-3173

Post Link
1634 East 53rd Street
643-0629

Station U Post Office
956 East 58th Street (next to the University Bookstore)
773-324-1807

ps; I don't believe in curses, unless I cast them myself! :eek:

WOW Ghost, thanks for doing the homework, BUT.... not even close... sorry. ( Man you know how to pick the neighborHOODS!
LOL ) I'll find the post office around here no problem.

I don't want to believe in the "Hollywood Curse" either, but damn!
EVERY single thing I have tried to do concerning this tune has gone wrong!

You ever have those "Hard" songs that fall right into place?
And those easy ones that piss you off?

This is a SUPER EASY ONE that is like wrestling an aligator!
(It aggravating the living piss out of me..., I mean, this should have been done and sent weeks ago! )

I doubt the "Jynx" will travel with it, but I'm NOT responsible!
(Try to avoid the Big Surfring Compition and stay out of caves where Vincent Price hangs out, oh.. and beware of any cousins named Oliver that look like creepy John Denver minitures!!)

I think today I'm going to experiment with dubbing a song or two off of four track onto the 38 and see if I can do anything with it.

Johnny Bravo

jd2.gif

At least 30 minutes for all my multi-track recorders.

That way, speeds have stabilized and electronics have settled into steady values. But, Canada is a cold country so your results may vary....perhaps 27 minutes for tropical Chicago!:D

Tropical! LOL

My ass has froze every winter with that wind coming across the lake from you guys!! (Close the fridge!) LOL

I've been letting mine warm up for like 15 minutes and cleaning the heads before each use... Do you clean the heads from left to right OR in a front to back motion? (Or is it the dumbest thing ever, because it doesn't even matter?)

I tried to dub that tune "Takin' me down" off of my 4 Track onto my 38 (One 4 track track has a sync tone, so I can play back the whole midi arrangement onto two 38 tracks and then the two guitar tracks that sound huge (Probally the cleanest loudest guitar I've ever recorded onto 4 track), then a vocal track I can dump to another 38 track and then double it, BUT!!!! Since I didn't know the guitar chords to play under the piano, I like used a capo and adjusted the keyboards tuning and the 4 tracks pitch till it went in key and now I can't seem to find the tuning combination I need to get it all back in key!!! (The potential is there for it to sound really cool all mixed through the 312, but I have to spend some serious time getting it all in key again...
there is a bunch of stuff going on in that arrangement
and with it through the 312, it really opens the mix up!)

I found a 4 track version of what I believe is the ONLY cover song I've EVER recorded... I forgot all about it!
I'm gonna try to transfer that over to the 38 and add some vocals just for fun.

I found the post office!!
-Billy-

Hey Billy, do you have a manual? It just occured to me. Doh! I have a Complete 312b and 38 BINDER manual with all schematics and everything. You want it? Its yours for the asking. No charge. Give me a holla!(i got it with mine when I had one.) I have to find it though. Give me a day or so....ah, I didn't read this whole thread so I didn't know if you had one. Anyway.....
fitZ:D

HECK YEAH!!!!!

(If I had one this thread would only be about half as long! LOL)
I have the 38 book, but I'd certainly love the 312...I'll photocopy and send a version to Reel and Herm too!

Wow Thanks Rick!

Back