chicago area technicians?

bloomboy

I recently moved to Chicago to go to school at the Art Institute, and unfortunately this meant leaving Austin Stereo behind. (by the way, anyone near Austin, TX should know that Austin Stereo is home to two extremely competent and knowledgeable technicians. They managed to completely rebuild my dropped 38 without having to order a single part, and definitely deserve your business.)

So I was wondering- does anyone here live in or near Chicago, and if so could you point me in the direction of a reputable r2r technician? I've learned to calibrate my TSR-8 and keep it thoroughly well-maintained, but I'm afraid higher-level repairs are as yet beyond me. It hasn't had a single hiccup yet, but as I plan on taking money from people in order to record them in the near future, I think it's pretty important to have someone to go to in case of emergency.

Thanks,
theo

I'm not positive they do r2r stuff, but you may want to try Specimen. I've had some work done there and they seem like good people. Apparently Andrew Bird has all of his work done there.

I used a place in chicago to work on my tascam 388 called Deltronics.
They should be in the phone book.

Back