capstan belt

Herm

Hey guys could one of you tell me how much a capstan belt and a pinch roller is from tascam? I got into this 38 that came damaged today and the belt on it is toast, Along with a bunch of other stuff:rolleyes:

After looking at this recorder all morning its plain to see the reason the guy packed it the way he did was I dont think he wanted it to show up in good shape.
I talked to ups about a claim and they told me they would have to pick it up the way it was packed and then if they decided it was there fault they would give the money to the seller and he would have to give me my money.
After the response I got and the shipping problems I had from the seller there is no way I would ever get my money besides that i already posted a very bad feedback about the guy on ebay. Kinda stepped in my own shit there. :rolleyes:
So I think Im going to try and turn it into a fraud case with ebay and see what happens. And maybe i can get this recorder to run with a new belt if that doesnt fix the problem then I can always use the belt on my good unit. Im sure its getting old and needs replaced.

Herm

There is no way ups is gonna pay up anyway.
They want it as shipped because not only can they see there was no effort made at packing it right, but even if the guy says there was packing material and that you must have taken it out, they can weigh it Vs. the weight at initial shipping and see the two are the same.. (Meaning the packing material would have added just a bit more weight that was never there) so it would go back to between you and him and since he's too much of a damn fool to pack it right in the first place I doubt he'd refund you anyway.

If he claimed it worked and now you are finding the belt screwed, well, you never know, the guy might have dropped it himself a few times in hopes you'd file with ups so they'd gave him even more money.. (Could be unlikely, but regardless)

The seller must die!!!

Hey Herm,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. The Pinch roller is $31.00. I think the drive belt is only around $10.00, but I can’t remember exactly. Total shipping will be $4.00.

I would go after that SOB with Illinois Internet fraud laws. That’s kind of a pet project of Lisa Madigan, our Attorney General.

Hit him with whatever you can -- ebay, Illinois law, and the laws in the state where the seller is from.

Or just tell the seller you are going to and he may give you some money back. I had that happen with an ebay seller in Michigan last year (from a pawn shop in Detroit – What the hell was I thinking?). The item arrived with damage to one of the rack ears. He tried to tell me it must have happened in transit, but there were no corresponding marks or tears in the shipping box. He gave me nearly half my money back after I told him about our Internet fraud laws and that Michigan’s were even tougher.

Regards,
Tim :cool:

Back